New Xenforo stuff!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Since we already spent plenty of money on not one but two new servers we added a couple new plugins: a fancy donation thingie and the nifty extra ratings thingies! Yay thingies!

Took a bit of work to get Ratings working as I was being a smart geek and not reading the install instructions :p

Had to do some manual template edits but they show up now - just hover over any post (other than your own) and you should get a whole bar of new "Like" type icons. The selection may change, too tired to mess with that now (nearly 3 am and I have to go to work tomorrow, wee!). Statistics for them show up all over the place.

The donation bit is currently conflicting with XenPorta - can't see its new side bar blocks with XenPorta active. Probably just need to add some custom blocks to XenPorta or something. In the meantime we can only have one or the other.

Also we sort of have two entry-points to donating - the Donate tab which will result in a listing as a donor in the side bar and the User Upgrades (under your profile) which may work separately? You don't currently get the matching user upgrade from using the Donate tab, dunno if anything happens the other way around. We can do that manually tho. Needs more testing! Heh, heh.

AlbireoX

Unsuccessful Javascript Evangelist
Contributor
Logistics
Good job Cervator! <-- is that a plugin too, where saying @ lets you tag the person? :eek:

EDIT: autocomplete the tagging

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Good job Cervator! <-- is that a plugin too, where saying @ lets you tag the person? :eek:

EDIT: autocomplete the tagging
Yeah that's the "Tag me" plugin - we had that one before, although it gets a little sensitive about having anything adjacent to the username (@Cervator's tag won't work)

AlbireoX

Unsuccessful Javascript Evangelist
Contributor
Logistics
Yeah that's the "Tag me" plugin - we had that one before, although it gets a little sensitive about having anything adjacent to the username (@Cervator's tag won't work)
Aww, that would have been good.

How about that plugin that merges posts if you post it a certain amount of time afterwards so you don't double post?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Aww, that would have been good.

How about that plugin that merges posts if you post it a certain amount of time afterwards so you don't double post?
I think I spotted that one in passing. Sounds good - and there are bound to be a ton of other similar little "nice to haves" - want to make a small list?

Tagging does auto-complete, you don't see it? :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Bump - I've re-enabled XenPorta to get the "Home" tab working again with articles (really just stuff in the Announcement forum) . The fancy donation thingie is still active, its side-boxes just don't work in the XenPorta sidebar right now, probably something we can fix. Donation tab still works and shows the side-boxes.

Does bring back weird pagination to the top of the forum page. I'm sure that's fixable too.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
We have spoiler tags now. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/rt-spoiler.847/

Note that it isn't in the WYSIWYG editor toolbar. You'll have to write "spoiler" manually with [ ] around it, like in the examples. Probably a way to fix that.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MOAR BADGES. And fewer badges with no more "Contributor" badges for those with more specific badges :)

Badges.

Incidentally, let me know if I've missed tagging anybody with something.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) use censor filter for intended purpose! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(YUNO and FLIP with : at either end, teehee)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps