Request Techne model converter / format support

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I get the feeling that would be relatively easy (scaling is cake, maybe jump height etc would be a little tricky), although I don't know about editing the skin outside of modifying the uv texture (or a copy of it specific to the scaled player model). Unless that's exactly what you mean? In-game or export it to a little user content dir maybe?

We've talked about a user content data thing in the past, when you can make custom blocks or other things in-game.

TheyCallMeDanger

Contributor
In Techne, the model and the skin are two separate things. They are only joined during rendering. Meaning, that we can have a standard player model built into the game, and the skin is just a little .png file in a convenient location. All the player has to do to change the skin, is, quite literally, replace the png file. Scaling is done invisibly and automatically within the renderer, skin and all. The player doesn't need to worry about trying to make bigger or smaller skins.

It would be fun to just be something else other than a standard player, even without special abilities!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Cool, and yes, agreed :)

In Light & Shadow there are multiple models live and the idea to have the player use one of them. We could try to enable that right now, just need somebody to do it :D

Concussion909JK

I have a question even though this may not be the proper thread, I wish to use a couple of models from old "DEAD" mods, from the .class files which I have changed into .java , Is their a possible way I could use them in anyway, or even load them up in techne?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Concussion909JK - exactly what old dead mods with models are you talking about ? Unsure what you're referring to. OreSpawn models? Up to @TheyCallMeDanger in that case :)

Concussion909JK

Hi @Concussion909JK - exactly what old dead mods with models are you talking about ? Unsure what you're referring to. OreSpawn models? Up to @TheyCallMeDanger in that case :)
I was thinking of a few dead mods that varied, but figured out how to do it and will probably post a tutorial, thanks though.

But I am having some trouble trying to make a custom device that has a similar system to the crafting table if you could help me with that.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
You've got to start getting a whole lot more exact than this for anybody to be able to help with anything :)

I don't even know if you're talking about Terasology, Minecraft, Techne, Orespawn, or something else.

In any case, yeah, pretty sure this isn't the right thread. If you're looking for developer support for Terasology topics you can use the Dev Portal. If any of the other topics then honestly I'm not sure you're even on the right website ... :)

Happy to help if able! But doesn't sound super likely.