TatankaJx is came to town!

TatankaJx

Hi wonderful people! I absolutly love Terasology, and probably later(in like 15 minutes) I will try some modules for my adventure on my youtube channel.
I tried some modules like the survival or the city one but I couldn't manage to make it work, because:
1)If i don't touch modules and I go to the play button it asks me for picking modules.
2)If I pick modules for the survival, and I go back, then it doesn't allows me to pick a ground for playing :/

So, I'm gonna try with these options:
Breathing(That I saw it works like a charm underwater)
Caves
Crops
Fluid(I wanna see if this module fixes the water problem, I'll explain it after this list)
GrowingFlora
MasterOfOreons
Minerals
Oreons
Portals
Soils
Spawning

Ok, that is the list I'm gonna to test all together, but the problem I saw(I bet almost anyone noticed) is that if:
a)break a block close the water, that water doesn't falls in the empty block.
b)same thing if I break a block under the water and I fit in(I didn't checked closely, but still acts like if I'm inwater even if I'm breathing air(I'm checking with that to be sure)

Oh I will change avatar really soon too :)
From there you see what I'm talking about... oh and since I don't know where that door comes from... It doesn't gives me air too... so yeah...

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hello @TatankaJx and welcome to town! :)

Yep the water doesn't spread on its own right now. There is a module not yet bundled with the "Omega" package of the game that adds some liquids that spread like you would expect them to. It isn't quite done yet, but hopefully will be soon!

The build you got a hold of looks a little broken, we had a bad one released just recently. There should be a new one out within a few days, or you can try the latest develop build :)

If you'd like to do a multi-part Lets Play series you might want till the next stable build so all your modules will work! Then we can highlight your videos on the social networks sometime :thumbsup:

TatankaJx

I will support this game until the end of times,because I can see it's growing pretty fast, and yes I will try the omega after I eat my delicious lunch I made :)
I would be honored for sure to be one of your ally :D

TatankaJx

Grazie!
Thank you very much for being so warm in this forum, I'm pleased to be part of this :)

Edit: I'm testing randomly the survivor one andd I trembled for emotion... but I still need to learn how assemble stuff ;)

The ages one works better for me, the city I tried but all it could generate was grass :/ if someone can show me which modules I need to create a city would be nice.... btw I have a nice idea for that surviving through ages :) I'm shaking from excitement.
And this is the first episode, yes I'm a mess but who cares, when I get used to the terasology style I will build an house around it.

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Glad you got Throughout the Ages working! That one probably has the deepest amount of content, together with JoshariasSurvival, both of which use the journal really well :) They're also the only options for any kind of crafting currently.

The Cities world can generate them pretty far apart, it can take a while to find one. I often use "ghost" + "hspeed" in the console and fly around till I spot one, or a road. If there's a road there's a city so by then you're close.

That world is pretty empty other than the said cities though, but there is good potential to fill it with more stuff :)

TatankaJx

Ok, I didn't expected this so far:
1)After a while, doing the cave job, journal didn't update(there is a tool I should make but it doesn't pops up!)
2)It lags so badly that I even tried to put to minimum the video settings(and I have 4 gb of ram in total, if that matters),but still lags(as you can see from the first video it didn't lagged at all in there, didn't figured out why yet)

Ok, I had to redo the world, because it kept crashing. I made a couple of mining tools, and even a stone axe, but the journal didn't update... what should I find to go on?

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Patience, so we can get the next release out, hehe :D

It is quite possible one of the triggers broke. Did you switch to the latest develop build or are you still on the old one with broken modules? If you can take a screenshot of the journal page when you get stuck that would help to narrow down what step you're on and what might be broken.

TTA is very intensive in its world generation and the game in general has performance leaks. Try to return to the main menu to "reset" performance, or even restart the game.

TatankaJx

Resetting the old world just crashes during the loading screen... now lemme look at the new world for the screenshot.
I'm using the omega btw.

As you can see I reached the goals: hammers, torches and even lighted 3 torches :( I don't know where to mine or I don't know... I tried to mine down the wall...or I need to find an actual game made cave?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
There are some kinda-rare actual mineral deposits hiding - can be anywhere. Like in Minecraft they can be easier to find if you run into a large cave system. Just bring enough torches and pickaxes so you can find your way back out again :D

I think that's one of the triggers. Gets you started on smelting metals and such. Making the torches is just a helpful step to prepare you for the mining.

I'd need to run through the stages myself to be sure.

TatankaJx

Darn...it crashes on its own after that... lemme check if there is a new omega build to work with.

Tried from start the ages one and... I could find like thousands of sticks and stones, and not even 1 twig maybe I should mix it with Wood and Stone module? Lets see.

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
You shouldn't need to enable/disable individual modules. Just pick the Throughout the Ages gameplay template and make sure you're using the Throughout the Ages world selection - no other world will work right :)

Aiming for release late Saturday or probably early Sunday, will do some extra TTA testing then.

TatankaJx

I noticed that, Just letted you know that now TTA gives me only sticks and I don't know the true reason, maybe I got unlucky, I will retry today,because I wanna have some fun with it ... or while I'm at it, i try the survival one :)

Thanks for being so amazing guys

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
@Josharias fixed the bug, yay! Thanks :)

@TatankaJx - next stable release is out: https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/releases/tag/stable55

No big news post yet, will write one when able

Both me and Josharias played into TTA a fair bit without problems. I was able to get to the point you were at with going mining. I didn't get any follow-up journal entries either, even after finally finding some copper ore (it is probably too rare, took me nearly 20 minutes flying around in ghost mode looking in caves). Also got coal and clay and was able to make bricks in a little clay oven. That's used somewhere - forget where.

It is quite possible some of the journal triggers are broken, but I think most the content works. For instance finding corn/rice should trigger explanations of how the cooking station works. And I know I've succeeded in smelting metal before, for tools.

Terasology-150503234212-1152x720.jpg

TatankaJx

Sounds good, I will try it after my english lesson I have to follow :D
Okay, loving the twigs fall :)
ores are hard to find, and yes, I will need to try to ghost some.
The improvement of the water is surely on it's way(blocks doesn't flow in but it acts like if it's under water) so +1 for the project!

Last edited: