Resolved Do some modules conflict? And other questions

VectorLightning

I just got this game and instantly fell in love with the modular system and how you can completely customize the game. But the game keeps crashing mid-load if I just select all the modules. I have made it work, and I haven't experimented enough to know what's up, so I gotta ask: Do some modules conflict with each other?

And I'm completely new to the game, most of what I've done so far is test modules and play in the dirt, after realizing that some mixes make digging dirt drop cubes and others drop rocks. I want to ask what module sets make the most impressive game in your opinion? I know this is more open-ended but I'm exploring and that's kinda hard considering I can't just try 'em all at once. (I can remove this question and post elsewhere if more appropriate.)

After reading the requirements I have to add a Repro list...
1. Download Launcher and app.
2. Create new solo game
3. Customize module set
4. Run ALL the modules!
5. Play!

Result: Loading screen, seems to work, then crash to desktop. No error message.

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
All the modules will indeed lead to crashes and instability - they are not all compatible with each other.

The gameplay templates auto-activate a series of related modules each that focus on a particular sort of gameplay. So Throughout the Ages and JoshariasSurvival are the two most involved at present you can try out :)

VectorLightning

Hm. I might have a suggestion then.

I noticed that some modules have dependencies and will auto-load those, color coded yellow. What if they're also programmed to know what modules conflict, and mark those in black or something? That'd save some time for the guys who just try multiple modules without using templates.

Thanks for the help and recomendations!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yup we've thought about exactly how to do that a lot. Trick is avoiding a many-to-many relationship: having every module try to keep an updated list of what it may or may not work with :)

It is a tricky topic but we'll make progress!