Archived My game crashes each time i start to load a world-Please Help

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Tyler Bunyan - we need some more information to be able to troubleshoot that :)

1) What build did you download
2) What is your system (Windows, laptop, Intel HD graphics?)
3) Exactly what did you do, step by step - did you change any graphic settings, did you change the module template, enable any additional modules, etc
4) Ideally get us the log files from the game after a crash

Tyler Bunyan

I have the latest stable build, an ASUS laptop running windows 8.1 with an intel core i3. When on i just clicked single player and create, changing nothing. Im not sure if that file will help...

Attachments

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Sorry, yeah, we need the .log files from a path like:

C:\Users\[user]\Saved Games\Terasology\logs\[dated directory]\*.log

You probably have the integrated Intel graphics, which often have issues. But with the log files we might be able to confirm if it is a bug instead.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hmm, still weirdly empty. The game log just stops after:

Code:
13:05:44.550 [main] INFO  o.t.e.m.l.InitialiseWorld - World seed: "sVlh383cVQ2M9gP71wVVXgi0sG7DnoFB"
That's an odd spot to crash, with nothing in the log. Does the game window get to a particular spot, showing you a progress bar with some status text in it, or does it exit immediately after clicking Create?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
If you'll still be around lets aim to retest with the next release, which should be out soon. A lot has changed, so it would be better to get on the very latest before we try to dig deeper :)

I'll ping this thread when the release is out

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps