Implementation Tasks

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Awesome! I look the liberty and updated the "Questing" code base (see Pull Request). It now compiles and runs fine. I don't have any cards though. Where do you get them from / create them? Beacons?

nh_99

Contributor
So, a new release of this module that is now called Tasks, as it is going to encompass much more than just questing now. So, I need people to test this! Devs, you can get it by running "gradlew fetchModuleTasks". Regular users, please download from here ( http://jenkins.movingblocks.net/job/Tasks/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/libs/Tasks-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT+3.jar ) and drop it into your mods folder. Then, you need to get the Quests module (devs, "gradlew fetchModuleQuests", regular users, download here ( http://jenkins.movingblocks.net/job/Quests/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/libs/Quests-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT+2.jar ) then drop into your mods folder) and activate the quests plugin in the mod menu when you create your world. There are a couple items that you can test with: "Quests:QuestCard" and "Quests:TestBeacon". The questing journal is not working right now, as I am waiting for NUI to fix it up. Have fun and report bugs!

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Very nice!
  • The module.txt in "Tasks" is not yet up-to-date. "id" and "displayName" should be "Tasks", I suppose.
  • How do you test the module? How do I get cards / open the UI screen?
  • How do you create new quests?

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
The implementation of area-based is complete now:

We can now start working on area-based quests!
The event write text to the console. Maybe this could be done for the quests, too?
Any progress on the Quests/Tasks modules?

nh_99

Contributor
msteiger Looks cool! It would depend on how you would want to implement quests in your module. If you were just going to have it setup so that when you entered the city the quest begins you could do something like that, otherwise I would reccomend generating some of those nifty beacons (once they are working better) in the city and having the player go to get something from whatever the beacon is. At that point a new quest could be assigned to the player that could say, "Go back to <insert city name here>".

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
So, here's a icon for questing. I think the first use case will be in WaS journal, but I think its kind of general so that it can be reused ;)
questing.png

Edit: Here are some more icons:
map.png
exclamation_mark.png
question_mark.png
cross_mark.png
check_mark.png

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Big news! I've been re-writing the Quests/Tasks modules based on the initial draft by @nh_99 (thanks!) and the new icon set by @Skaldarnar (thanks!).
It still has a few glitches, but it basically works. Don't take my word for it, see for yourself in this brand new Sneak Preview:

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
In World of Warcraft the signs are inverted: exclamation mark at the start the quest, grey question mark if the quest is still incomplete and yellow question mark if the quest can be successfully returned. Do other quest-featuring games do the opposite as in this video?

In any case, it looks great! =)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Looks awesome!

We could base the symbols on how angry the quest giver is. So if you see a #@%*&$^! you might want to skip it ...