Need a little help with Issue #1059

codesavory

Hello,

I was wondering what is the UI modification we would be looking for here and also where(which classes) can I find the functionality for Debug mode features.

Thanks,
Codesavory

Rostyslav Zatserkovnyi

Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Hunter
Hi @codesavory!

where(which classes) can I find the functionality for Debug mode features
what is the UI modification we would be looking for here

You would first need to add a new UILabel definition in debugOverlay.ui, then display some text within it in DebugOverlay.initialise().
The actual contents of the text may be a short description of what the different graphics modes do and how to trigger it, or a link to a wiki page describing them in more detail.

Last edited:

codesavory

Hi @rzats,

Thanks for the Short and precise answer. I was wondering if it is something like this we are looking for ?

Also rzats, I was wondering what is "HUD", it comes up in lot of places while playing around with NUI classes.

Rostyslav Zatserkovnyi

Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Hunter
Hello again!

I was wondering if it is something like this we are looking for ?

This is something you'll probably want to discuss in the comments for issue #1059 - looks like you've done this already ;)
The help text looks great! The issue mentions the text being located in a different corner (upper right?) - shouldn't be too hard to tweak either way.

I was wondering what is "HUD", it comes up in lot of places while playing around with NUI classes.

Head-up display: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HUD_(video_gaming)
In a nutshell, it stands for information that is being overlaid onto the game by means of interface elements - health, inventory bar, minimap etc. The debug overlay is an optional HUD element.