Intro Hello World!

djdivix

Hello!
I am Divyanshu Vishwakarma from India.
I know C. I am also experienced with Core Java and can switch to it as the project demands. Currently I am learning Python and I am eager to learn more along with the project.
I am new to Open Source Development. I have played online multiplayer games like dota 2 and cs:go. Now I want to contribute in one like Moving Blocks. Please guide me.
Thank You

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @djdivix and welcome! :)

Could you tell us a bit more about what your goals are? Are you more interested in adding content, building gameplay systems, working on art, and so on?

A good starting point to get set up to run from source is https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/wiki/Dev-Setup - try that out and let us know if you have any problems :)

djdivix

@Cervator Thanks for replying
I can help in adding content.
I have never worked on any gameplay system but i can learn and work.
I want to start with small(Bite-Size) projects.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
That's the spirit! :)

The main issue tracker is good for bite-sized engine issues and I just added a bunch of new ones just recently. Those aren't generally content though, more the foundation for content and playing in general. But it is great to at least do one or two so you can get up and running from source and get used to the workflow on GitHub.

If you're curious about content a lot of that work happens in modules. You can experiment with things like world generation, there's a nice tutorial for that, for instance. Lots of different types of content though. Also lots of modules including some that need more attention. Any more details on your interests or hobbies might help guide better :)