Terasology Youtube Video Intro

J Young Kim

Contributor
Design
I love it! Would it be possible to have Gooey jump around making slime sounds and then hop into the circle thing? That, I would love to see :D

But again, it's amazing, and better anything I can make

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Nice work @smsunarto!

Would it be possible to have the green background thing semi-transparent, so that the whole thing can be used as an overlay? The squishy sound suggestions seems fun as well!

However, I think we need the logo in better resolution, it looks quite pixely to me. :(

P.S.: what do you think is the best way to share this snippet? I'd like to use it for my next video (ordered a new GPU, so I should be alright to record some stuff soon!)

smsunarto

Federal Gooey of Investigation
Art
Logistics
@Skaldarnar Yep, I think .avi file supports transparency (hence, semi-transparent). I'll upload that to my Google Drive later.

I took the logo from the splash site, and I can't seem to find a picture with better quality T-T (Links are greatly appreciated)

I was thinking this *might* be able to be used pre-video (ex: when the video just started)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Nice work :)

We have all the Gooeys themselves as vector graphics or what not provided by @SuperSnark, possibly excepting the falling one (mainly thinking about its facial features), which may not fit in super well anymore anyway. We could redo the logo in general and have a larger version available when needed.

Attachments

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
@smsunarto yeah, we are a bit inconsistent when it comes to applying design principles :oops: Do we have volunteers to write some design guideline and also apply it?

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
I like it! Is there some automated way to generate these banner images? They can come in handy when working on wiki pages, etc. You can also include a note on used font(s) if you want. I would be happy to apply a new design to the launcher (repo, wiki, and launcher itself) - we could use that as a testing ground if you want ;)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Some external tooling would be fine for me. In theory, I'd like to write something like "createBanner icon=address-book text=Contact" to get a banner image with the correct format, having a little icon in the front and the specified text next to it. One can mess up the template so easily, maybe not everyone can open the file (.psd right now?), or it might look different. Maybe we can look into Inkscape (and it's command line features) for that task. Since an SVG is just a text file, it should be fairly easy to replace some placeholder text with the final words we want to put it. However, this is not a huge deal, and we can live with whatever approach you are taking right now!