Contributor re"vamp"ing your world!

vampcat

Bug Hunter Extraordinaire
Contributor
  • Name: Aresh "vampcat" Mishra
  • Social: Github
  • Skills / Tools: Everything that's needed, and more ;) I've taken every language, tool and game engine I could lay my hands on out for a spin (everything from Java to Python, PHP to JS, SQL to FoxPro, Unity to Ogre), but a C++ IDE running on Windows and compiling an OpenGL program is what I love the most.
  • Found via: GSoC :D
  • Interests: Mostly game development, specifically renderings and simulations on GPU (RayTracing, fluid simulations, or anything remotely related) that make the world much more beautiful just by existing! (Terasology shaders, here I come!)
  • Extra: Games have always fascinated me, for they are the respite from reality that we all sorely need. That, coupled with the fact that I love creating. Making an entire world out of nothing, a world where I can make fishes fly and flowers grow in mid-air, and make them look amazing while they do all this is what makes me tick.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Nor did you work with ocaml, haskell, erlang? shame on you :D

I don't think there is much to say here, just keep the good work and discussions up. I'm interested in what you come with as potential task ;)

vampcat

Bug Hunter Extraordinaire
Contributor
I have worked with Perl and OCaml my good sirs, I just prefer languages that don't make me feel like ripping my hair out :)

And I certainly hope you'll like what I propose, Skaldarnar :)

Last edited:

Hybrid

Nice thread title, @vampcat :D. You need a profile pic though.

I think all of us will be pleasantly surprised when we see your work.

Wanna trade proposals? I need an extra eye on mine, and @manu3d is too busy to comment right now.

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Tcl is EVIL. I had to work with a variant (Jacl) for automating Websphere deploys. Sucked :p

Feel free to link your GDocs here, via forum convos, on Slack, or whatever. Reviews and feedback are useful for everybody :)

@vampcat have a contributor badge!