#98 ... w/picture

metouto

Contributor
Art
I still seem slow to me but not as slow as before and now it seems to have a "rock like a boat on water" effect when I walk ;)

I also keep walk (sometime for 5 or 10 sec maybe longer) after I remove my finger from the "w" key ;)

with my 3rd respond to play the game I flee into a spot where one block had been removed and now mater what key i pressed I just went in circles ;)

Also when I clicked on my "esc" key It took it's sweet time giving me the 1st screen again.

Also took this shot (with the new F12 key feature Kai ;) ) .... seems to be glare .... maybe it is meant to look like that from where I took the shot from I'm not sure :? Could also just be my computer :(

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
About the image: seems alright, but that's for begla to finally decide.
About the slow-mo: the fix didn't make it yesterday, maybe tonight :) (but no promises!)

metouto

Contributor
Art
That is fine Kai ... I am not trying to be pushy .... just saying what I think ..... I know we have many things to do and this is just one of them :)

That is fine about the image ... I am new here and as so I do not understand as well as you all who have been around long :( but I will learn with time ;)

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
metouto said:
That is fine Kai ... I am not trying to be pushy .... just saying what I think ..... I know we have many things to do and this is just one of them :)

That is fine about the image ... I am new here and as so I do not understand as well as you all who have been around long :( but I will learn with time ;)
Ah don't worry your not pushy ^^ I AM pushy ;) And besides your in here far longer than me :p

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Those slowdown only appear if your FPS drop well below 10 (the fix made its way into develop wednesday evening UTC+1). As far as I remember, this might actually be the case with your setup. I've create a simple configuration menu available in the most recent build allowing you to tweak the graphics settings a bit. The default is the lowest setting which disables all those bloomy post-processing effects and the waving grass.

Let me know if that helped you. ;)

EDIT: Did some testing on my MacBook Air (1.7 GHz i5, Intel HD :laugh: Graphics 3000). Achieving above 60 FPS at Graphics Quality "Ugly" and Viewing Distance "Near". Around 20-30 FPS on Viewing Distance "Moderate". Switching over to Graphics Quality "Nice" (which enables HDR, Blooming, Blur, Vignette, ...) at least allows me to run the game with slightly above 20 FPS. Enabling the waving grass (Graphics Quality "Epic") is a definite no-go even on the lowest viewing distance. :geek:

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
I've just pushed another performance enhancement and noticed, that particles are not rendered correctly using delta time (so they move in slow motion if the FPS drop below 60). I'll fix that tomorrow.

Exile

Contributor
Art
begla said:
I've just pushed another performance enhancement and noticed, that particles are not rendered correctly using delta time (so they move in slow motion if the FPS drop below 60). I'll fix that tomorrow.
You never cease to amaze us :)