Archived Adjustable time, real time

Stewie

Hi,
I've been thinking if such an option would be possible.
I like the idea of matching the time in terasology to the real time, so it will be night if I log in at night and so on.
It just fits the mood.
There was a mod like that for Minecraft but I think it got obsolete since the introduction of beds.
Sadly there is no possibilty to deccelerate time at all in MC.

Someone just could set the time "behavior" to "system time" of the pc or "real time" or just an option to deccalerate time.

Would that be difficult?

I'm an architect, so I have nod idea of programming ;)

Otherwise, I'm thrilled by this project. Keep on!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi Stewie !

That sounds quite doable as a mod/toggle. Not sure if it would be particularly difficult. We'd need somebody to do it though :D

Perdemot

Contributor
Art
World
I like the real time idea. Reminds me of the good old MMO times :3

nodots

A way to do this could be a "magic watch" that pops up a menu for time configuration when you go to use or place it... If I knew how to mod, I would attempt this - this would be most useful when trying to just make cool looking setups.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi nodots :)

Modding here isn't very hard at all, although changing the passage of time is a little beyond what's easily available to modding at the moment I'll admit :D

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Can be done very easily... Could be even achieved with a change to single line of code actually. :) Could be a good start if someone is interested in getting into Terasology's modding API.