A'nW

A'nW

Contributor
Art
  • Name: Abraham "A'nW" Feldick
  • Skills / Tools: Hmmm... well I don't consider myself a real experienced programmer, but I have dabbled with several programming languages. Namely C, C++, Python, and many versions of BASIC ( :) ). I have general ideas about how Java works and I am trying to get more familiar with it, but I probably won't be contributing much (if any) code (at least for a while). I doubt that matters though, given the skilled coders I've seen around here! My real strengths lie in all things artistic (mostly digital). I have knowledge of just about any computer application you care to name (aka. a lot). Blender is my 3d program of choice though, and I am quite proficient in its use. GIMP is my main 2d application which I am also proficient with.
  • Found via: I don´t really remember... I think I just happened to run across a YouTube video of it. Minecraft is awesome, but I love open source stuff and wanted to help with a Minecraft-like game. Lacking the time and motivation (and currently, the coding skill) to code up my own block game, I went searching... and found this! I have gone through and tested quite a number of Minecraft clone/inspired games, but this is definitely one of the best looking ones.
  • Interests:Well, I love graphics (hope that is obvious!) so I hope to help out in any thing that is user visible. "Cohesiveness" is also a personal goal in everything I do. I like making sure everything in a project fits together and makes sense (graphically).
  • Extra:Well, if I had a demo reel I'd show it, but I don't unfortunately. :( If anyone has time and wants to they can check out my (mostly neglected) Vimeo channel: Abraham W F and also my Blenderartists (the main forum for, well, Blender users!) threads, there aren't that many, don't worry: A'nW on Blenderartists. I want to emphasize that I only post my "doodles" really. I am fairly inactive on the web (no Facebook or anything!). As a result, I only put up that stuff which I can throw on the internet without really caring. I can (and have) do much more "impressive" stuff if the need arises.
Well, hope that was a decent intro. I also forgot to mention that I have met a couple of the devs on the irc channel, Cervator and a guy I can't remember the name of (sorry!). My name on there was (and will be, since A'nW doesn't seem to be accepted) AWFeldick.
I'm currently trying to get set up for development, but I have no experience using any of those tools. It also seems kind of intimidating since I have never set up a dev environment like this.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Great intro, and great work, very impressive! Especially like the little cabin thing. Good to know your IRC nick, it is nice to be able to connect the names :)

More Blender stuff is always great, being that I'm terrible at art my biggest concern was always not having enough artsy stuff made by artsy people!

The DevSetup can indeed be a little intimidating, it used to be worse tho :D

It is also about to get a little better as we merge in the Gradlew branch - then you can skip the Gradle install. I'll hopefully get that done tonight, and will update the doc. Hop on IRC again sometime for any help needed to sort out the setup

The art field really seems to be heating up, so we're going to get going! Pop over in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=226 and we'll try to sort something out :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Don't you be troubled about the DevSetup ... I (metouto) made it through (with a few days of help :D ) and I now have an up in running setup. I am sure it will be a snap for you if you take it step by step and give some of these more educated fellows here a call if you stub your toes along the way ;) They sure are helpful and very understanding.

Oh, by the way A'nW ... HI ;)

A'nW

Contributor
Art
Just saying thanks for the welcome! Its really nice. Glad you like my stuff!

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Love the dwarf you have posted in the other thread. Welcome! :geek: