Artifactory fixed - out of space

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
The droplet servers we have run with fast SSD storage - but unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of it and no easy option to add in old school spinning drive for archival storage :)

Long term we probably need some old school storage to fit in somewhere, Jenkins is slowly filling up its drive too. But that's down the list a bit, just need some occasional cleanup till then.

I deleted a bunch of old snapshots in Artifactory and capped it at 5 snapshots per unique version. A couple builds failed in Jenkins while Artifactory was full and between all that it is possible to end up with a local workspace trying to fetch a snapshot that doesn't exist. If you get an error like:

Code:
* What went wrong:   
A problem occurred evaluating project ':facades:Applet'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':facades:Applet:runtime'.
  > Artifact 'org.terasology.engine:engine:0.46.1-SNAPSHOT:engine.jar' not found.
Just run "gradlew --refresh-dependencies" once and it should be fixed.

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
I think we can also disable archiving in Jenkins and just keep the latest stable build. This should free quite some memory.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I'd like to find a way to off-load older builds in Jenkins to a plain webserver just serving static files. Probably onto some cheap hosting separate from DigitalOcean. I don't want to just outright delete them in case of wanting to grab older builds. Might get more important in the future than now :)

Artifacts and changelog both, as we need to entirely delete older build entries from Jenkins, otherwise its memory usage bloats over time (one Jenkins at work has so many stored build executions it runs at 6-7 GB idle, wee!). Or maybe we get lucky and Jenkins will finally squash the lazy loading bugs soon.

That's another piece I'd like to look at for the launcher - not just the ability to pull releases from GitHub, but also somewhere else. Or maybe Bintray somehow.