Intro Contributor Intro (GSOC)

kgriff12

Hello everyone, my name is Kelso Griffin. I am currently approaching my last year of college this last fall where I will receive my degree in Computer Science. A little about me... I love video games, all systems and pc (really no preference). My favorite game series is Metal Gear Solid. I love to code and make applications in my free time. My favorite language is java. If I'm not doing homework for school, or studying of some sort, chances are I'm either coding and going over algorithms and data structures, or playing video games. I am highly intrigued by virtual reality as I love the concept and the possibilities of what it can potentially evolve into. I someday wish to work with the virtual reality division of a company whether that is Oculus, Playstation, Valve, or even a start up, I just wish to with something I am passionate about and do not care so much for which company.

I came across this forum through interests in contributing to an open source project. After reading through the forums I found out about Google Summer of Code and that I only had a few days to apply. I am interested in working with the standalone NUI editor, or the Mobile server management utility. The interest in the standalone NUI editor is that I have experience in working with UI's in the past and think I would be capable of getting the job done having worked with similar java libraries. My interest for the Mobile server management utility is that I have recently worked on a project similar to this, which had mobile detection along with my Mobile application experience, I feel that I would be able to contribute to this

Fun fact is that I also love to yo-yo. Even though it went "out of style" many many years ago lol, its very fun and a stress reliever after a hard week of school.

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey @kgriff12 - I'm afraid you're pretty much too late for GSOC, the final application deadline is in half an hour .... :coffee:

We love helping new contributors learn in any case though, GSOC or not. Would you still be interested in helping code some in-game yo-yos or anything else of your liking? :)

kgriff12

Hey @kgriff12 - I'm afraid you're pretty much too late for GSOC, the final application deadline is in half an hour .... :coffee:

We love helping new contributors learn in any case though, GSOC or not. Would you still be interested in helping code some in-game yo-yos or anything else of your liking? :)
@Cervator I submitted my application fully with the proposal and all ten minutes or so before the deadline. I also was able to get my GSOC requirements through in time, luckily I had started the GSOC application at the very beginning to have passed those steps. Also I would love to code some in game yo-yos!!! :):):rofl: I hope to contribute in any way I can.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps