ddr2

ddr2

Contributor
World
  • Name: 'ddr2'
  • Nicks: I try to stick to 'ddr2' (sometimes upgrading to ddr3 when the first one is not availlable ;) )
  • Skills / Tools: C++ / JavaScript (main languages) - Java (key concepts but nothing too fancy for now :) ) - Algorithmics (finalist in the French National Contest of Algorithmics this year, playing on TopCoder when I can :D )
  • Found via: I was going to start "from scratch" a minecraft-like opensource project in C++ since I could not find any. Then, I said : "what the hell, this Terasology seems to be really great, even though it is made in Java" :D .
  • Interests:
    • Main interest : Procedural generation and trying to bring it to "life".
    • Secondary interest : User Interface Design and Gameplay. ( When I play, the game will mainly be discriminated on that factor ... even if the graphics are monstruous, or the story-telling genius)
  • Extra:
    • 2nd year student in engineering school in France ... so I have a lot of free time :) .
    • currently in internship in a small start-up so I will not be fully availlable until mid/end-August .

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome! Glad to have you on board, and yeah, the more the merrier on the project, lots of the one-man projects out there go inactive after a while. Let us know if you hit any issues with the Dev Setup, or find any spots that could be improved, then when you're set we'll get you something interesting :)

Algorithmics?

ddr2

Contributor
World
Welcome! Glad to have you on board, and yeah, the more the merrier on the project, lots of the one-man projects out there go inactive after a while. Let us know if you hit any issues with the Dev Setup
DevSetup is done :) Don't know where to head right now. My first idea was to make an interface for keys binding in the options but I saw that someone was already on it.

Algorithmics?
I just searched the word on google and well, it's not an english one :) I meant the fact of designing algorithms, etc ...

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I just searched the word on google and well, it's not an english one :) I meant the fact of designing algorithms, etc ...
Ahh - that's what I figured it meant, but wasn't sure if there was something more specific to it if whole contests pop up on the topic :D

And good to hear you're all set up! I see you on IRC as well, so I'll talk to you further there :)

Edit: Tagged as contributor and as a feature curator

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Huzzah! If you're still big on the procedural generation stuff take a look at this village thread - alternatively this GUI thread picked up in activity recently (about half-way through) as well :)