Thanks

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Re: Compose & Produce

Welcome! That's an amazing offer and samples already, thank you very much :)

Begla mentioned somebody from Youtube interested in composing music - sent me a link to http://www.youtube.com/user/LigaraProg with some nice techno (category might be off, I like techno but can't keep the different flavors straight in my head) - is that you / your team?

I like the samples, that does sound like something you'd encounter in Minecraft/Terraria, yet also different, so great. Track 4 seemed a little disjointed to me? But then I'm hardly a music connoisseur I'll admit, and I'll have a hard time making requests when it comes to music... :)

Sound effects overall would be awesome - that's an area with some meat to it, although it will take a while to develop beyond footsteps / breaking blocks. Are you interested in full collaboration with sound setup & testing within the source tree (using GitHub, IntelliJ, etc) or just in contributing media we'll integrate?

As for the forum - Contributor Intro here is exactly what it sounds like, essentially a "Hello here's a little about who I am and what I do", although I admit I hadn't thought about entire groups joining. Sticky thread suggests what sort of stuff might be nice to put here.

Develop forum would be better for actual discussion on content and needs for the project :)

We haven't really had a discussion on any audio-related topics yet, all I know is that we have a few .ogg files contributed by small-jeeper's relative (forgot exact relation - sister?) with music that play at certain times of day. Begla hooked that up, I've been in blissful ignorance over in Groovy land :)

Nice to have you onboard!

Exile

Contributor
Art

Thanks Cerv! I've edited this post and left the music discussion to the development thread. We made the 4th demo at around 2am last night, after putting the studio monitors on at home, the issues became clear. Will correct that version and upload a more cavey-tuned demo along side it.

We will have to build the sounds that are requested as we are not familiar with the Java content pipeline integration.

Yes, that is our YT channel which handles electronica and the likes. We have 3 projects on there, handling multiple genres, Ligara (Progressive), ElectroFide (Electro), Zetto (Dubstep).

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Good stuff - liked it quite a bit, especially the Ligara pieces :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Is that related to Youtube? I noticed that the channel swapped to just Terasology stuff, where'd all the existing stuff go? Just split into two different channels? :)