Furnace

metouto

Contributor
Art
I have made a crude Furnace for the game ....

I created it in the mold of the chest because I knew it would have to hold items sometime in the game

any ideas :?

BTW .... those that were on chat when I was there my problems with the new blocks were all spelling errors and are working fine this morning after a little adjustment :oops:

Attachments

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
That is still puzzling. We might have to enable some debug logging for when each block is being put together - maybe that'll be able to catch what goes wrong :)

I don't have the latest code handy and am busy at work today, but I can probably put some guidance in here after work on how to enable the logging - it is in the code, probably just commented out or set to a different log level currently, I forget.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Looking at the code the best place for logging is probably BlockManifestor.loadFaces (CTRL-N in IntelliJ, enter "BlockManifestor", look at line 320)

Trouble is there's not a lot of logging in that area as is :)

The interesting stuff in there starts with

Code:
def textureId = getImageIdUnchecked(defaultTextureName)
Which is what loads the default image for the block by simply looking for an image with the same name as the block. The method then goes looking for each possible face value it loads from the Groovy definition file, doing something if the value isn't empty (the [:] thing). So here's the topbottom one:

Code:
        if (faces.topbottom != [:]) {
            Vector2f texPos = calcAtlasPositionForId(getImageId(faces.topbottom))
            result.sides.put(Side.TOP, texPos);
            result.sides.put(Side.BOTTOM, texPos);
        }
Were you to add "println faces.topbottom" on a new line above "Vector2f ..." that should print out what the code loaded for topbottom (which will only print for blocks that have topbottom values). Probably, anyway, haven't tinkered in there for a bit :geek:

Anyway - we can talk about it in more detail on IRC sometime, but feel free to tinker :)