Resolved Game crashes when generating world

DragLee

Hi
I just found out about Terasology and I wanted to play it, test it and (hopefully) like it.
So I downloaded the launcher, downloaded the newest patch, started the game and tried to generate a world.
When the progress-bar was at around 20% the game crashed. I´m not sure if it is because of my laptop hardware is not compatible or not.
Here is a link to my log.
I hope my problem can be fixed as fast as possible so that I can play Terasology.

My hardware-specs:
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Video Card 1:NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Video Card 2:Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Memory:4.0 GB
Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @DragLee - it looks related to your video card. We have known issues with the Intel HD Graphics, maybe it is getting picked for the game rather than the GeForce? That would have a way better chance to work than the Intel HD.

Not very familiar with exactly how to make sure the better card gets picked though.

Rostyslav Zatserkovnyi

Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Hunter
Here's how to get the game to utilise the NVIDIA card, if it isn't doing that already:
  • Right-click on your desktop, select NVIDIA Control Panel. If the option doesn't show up, install the latest NVIDIA drivers.
  • Select Manage 3D settings.
  • Select Program Settings, then navigate to whereever the Terasology executive file is located and select it.
  • In the processor selection dropdown, choose High-performance NVIDIA processor and click Apply.