Source Heija! :3

SillySina

• Name: Sina Mashek
  • Social: GitHub, Twitter; FB, Google+, IRC: SillySina;
  • From: Tacoma, Washington, USA, relocating to Jyväskylä, Finland in the near future.
  • Skills / Tools: My development area has been with generators (name, setting, etc.) and natural language processing. Most of what I've done is in Python, but I have learned a fair bit of Java from hacking on Minecraft Spigot/Bukkit plugins. I have some GIMP knowledge, and spend a lot of time writing.
  • Found via: I found Terasology through the "Hacking Minecraft" showcase. I think I came across Terasology a long while ago, when it was under another name, but this is the most recent.
  • Interests: I am most interested in Combat/crafting/damage/survival systems and story writing (if there's a need for quests, NPC dialogue, lore, etc.), but will tackle any bugs that I'm able to, and participate in discussions.
  • Extra: I am purely self-taught, with guidance from various mentors in open source communities. :love:

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Woo first official mention of the Hacking Minecraft showcase as a reason to come by! I was wondering if that would eventually attract some interest. I was really surprised to see it appear one day and a few others have noticed it, but I had no idea how likely it would be for people to find us through it rather than people already knowing Terasology coming across the showcase :)

If you saw us under a prior name that would've been the Blockmania days, but that'd be waaay back, nearly 5 years or so. Or 4. I lose track.

Your interests are spot on as after we got to engine v1.0.0 content is really the focus we need. So many pieces just waiting to be put together!

Pinging @xtariq and @Anthodeus for reference :)

SillySina

Yeah, Blockmania is what I was thinking! :D I was super excited when I realized this was the same project~

Hee, I can't wait to dig in!

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Welcome!

"From: Tacoma, Washington, USA, relocating to Jyväskylä, Finland in the near future"

Wow. Couldn't stand the heat anymore? Y'know, there are slightly less extreme ways to go about solving that problem than moving to Finland. :laugh:

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Doh. Why did I think Tacoma was in Florida, especially when your message clearly states it's in Washington? Alzheimer is clearly well underway. =P Apologies for the interruption.