Intro Hello there!

Kaany

• Name: Ali Kaan Gürbüz
  • Social: twitter: @alikaangurbuz
  • Skills / Tools:I have been working with swift, and java. I am interested in computer science. I am good at communicating which I believe it to be an essential skill in group work, which is useful while coding or working in groups of people.
  • Found via: I found it via Google Code-in
  • Interests:I am interested in getting involved more with the coding community. I would like to learn more about Pyhton. Aside from coding and computer related stuff, I really like watching TV series and also listening to music. I like coding different kinds of games for iOS and would really like to become a developer in the future.
  • Extra: I am really thrilled to be here :) I have a sister who is 11 years old, and I am going to Robert College of İstanbul.

Last edited:

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Welcome on board :)

Knowing some Java even before you get started with GCI here is definitely a big plus. Unfortunately we don't have much Python code here. There is one issue for porting a growth simulator from Python to Java, but it is quite big - possibly something you can look into once GCI has finished. Until then, I'd advise to check out the coding related tasks, that will help you get comfortable with the code base.

Feel free to ask questions any time ;)