Intro Hey, friends!

lim1ts

Name : TeckSiong / lim1ts / pp1mt
Social :
Github : pp1mt
IRC : pp1mt
Email: pewpew1moartime@gmail.com
Twitter: PewPew1MoarTime
From: 2nd Year Computer Science undergraduate studying in National University of Singapore (NUS). I'm pursuing a specialization in Computer Security and a minor in Game Design.

Skills:
Programming Languages: Java, Ruby, C#, PHP, mySQL
Other Computing Experiences: Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Unity
Found via : Google Summer Of Code 2016 project.
Interest : Terrain/Structure generation.

1) When I first played Trove, I found their structure/dungeon generation really interesting, and though it didn't have the crazy terrains and overhanging cliffs you'd find in Minecraft Alpha/Beta, their dungeons really made up for it. I feel like these epic dungeons really ramped up the exploration reward in the game.

2) Also, I'm interested in improving the natural terrain generation to generate landforms such as river deltas, watersheds and drainage basins. Basically landforms to do with river flow. And hopefully stuff like river meanders and sinkholes!

Extra : I've been programming for only 2 years, and most of my school projects tend towards the webdev area. I've made a game for a game design course before, but it's really not worth much. There's also a game I was developing for LD34, but currently in hiatus until I get my beat detection algorithms right. This will also be my first time applying for GSOC and contributing in open-source projects.

Chances are, with my limited skills and experience I'd only be able to do one of the things I've highlighted under "Interest". I'm leaning towards (2) right now. I'd need some time to play around with terasology, so do expect a proposal to come in about 3-4 days.

Thank you for reading this! :)

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Name : TeckSiong / lim1ts / pp1mt
2) Also, I'm interested in improving the natural terrain generation to generate landforms such as river deltas, watersheds and drainage basins. Basically landforms to do with river flow. And hopefully stuff like river meanders and sinkholes!
I'd love to see these!

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Welcome on board! I'm looking forward to your proposal. If you have any questions or run into problems just ask here or on the IRC channel ;)