Hey There!

Asher

• Name: Asher Jennings
  • IRC Nick: Asherthing
  • Twitter: @callmeasher
  • Skills/Tools: C++,Java,Python,Lua,Blender,Photoshop,Paint.net,Bass Guitar,Ukulele
  • Found via: Google search for "Cross between Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress" or something similar.
  • Interests: I'm interested in all aspects of game development. I don't have any huge preferences as far as what I work on.
  • Extra: I may not be the most experienced programmer, but I'm here to help and too learn, and I hope you guys don't find me to be too annoying.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hello and welcome, Asher! :)
As to every new one here I would recommend the project overview. Just go through this thread and pick yourself the topics that sound interesting to you and leave a comment in the respective threads ;)
I think everybody would appreciate a helping hand or someone who gives constructive feedback/critics and new ideas.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey Asher - already met you on IRC and was happy to see you get running from source to work :)

Also thrilled to have some tweaks for the GitHub wiki, a picture is worth a thousand words! I hope you can keep it up, great way to learn is to try stuff out then help improve the instructions to allow future contributors an easier path yet :twilightsmile:

With Blender XP are you up for looking at some of the contributed models (usually in the same TeraMisc repo I suggested putting pictures for the wiki in) and making it easier to spawn creatures using said models in the game, maybe with custom characteristics? Currently that is the easiest to do using the miniion bar, we could expand that to a "creative"-like creature supply toolbar/inventory for now for an easy start