Contributor Hi all!

dkambersky

Contributor
Hello everyone! Quick introduction:
  • Name: David Kamberský
  • Social: dkambersky pretty much everywhere (as of now). github/twitter/fb/irc.
  • From: Czech Republic, currently studying Computer Science at University of Edinburgh, UK
  • Skills / Tools: mostly Java - see my github. I've used LWJGL in the past (through Slick, so not directly, but I've dabbled into lwjgl a few times when Slick was too restrictive.)
  • Found via: Google Summer of Code
  • Interests: Java, though I've done a fair bit of tinkering in various languages - C#, js, python, html/php, ruby, haskell.
  • Extra: With most languages and frameworks, I learn stuff as I go, usually because I want to 'accomplish <x>', so I set my mind to it and learn enough to do that specific task. Java is the notable exception, as I've been actually studying the language in school (AP CS+now uni) and I've worked on some 'bigger' projects (trololus / chemcalculator on github) - so when I saw this community on the GSoC list, as someone who has spent way more time on Minecraft than is healthy, Terasology caught my attention really quick.
Looking forward to being a contributor! Ideally, I'd like to get the Behavior tree AI setup working nicely, intuitively in-game and with extensive documentation, expanding on functionality if time allows. It seems like the right combination of challenging and completable in the scope of GSoC.

Without GSoC I could be working on it too as it looks genuinely interesting, but there'd probably be a different full-time person for the job by then :D

Last edited:

dkambersky

Contributor
oniatus seems to be present and open to collaboration, so now only to get him to join IRC to discuss the direction/details :D

btw, for lack of better things to do I completed and checked the Czech translation on Weblate for the crash reporter and launcher - can't start working on the main game before my request for a new language is approved though.

oniatus

Contributor
Architecture
I am always open for collaboration ;) only stuck in exam preparation last weeks.
However, more free time is on the horizon and I will try to be on IRC next weekend :)

Oh and good luck with the GSOC approval, I participated last year and it was a great experience.
+ nice shirt for free :omg:

dkambersky

Contributor
Yeah it does seem awesome :) What org did you work for last year?

oniatus

Contributor
Architecture
The Eclipse Foundation. You can write me a PN if you are interested in more details.
We could start a conversation for the behavior/pathfinding anyway :D

dkambersky

Contributor
Sounds good, I'll shoot you a PM.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Let me know if you two want Slack invites instead, Slack is great for technical talk and if it is done in #general others that are interested can review it later or chip in as well :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Both of you have been invited, huzzah! :)

It is just like fancy IRC of sorts. More persistent with more options.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Contributor badges added to both of you for recent work, thanks again and keep it up! :)