Intro Hi, everyone.

Mykola

social:
email: 0xb000 (at google mailing service)
github: https://github.com/klokik
bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/0xb000
skills: intermediate Java, proficient C++, C#, OpenGL{ES}, native cross-platform development, various scripting languages, git and mercurial,
academic education: fouth-year of mathematics, apart of it I take some courses on online education platforms like Coursera, edx, Stanford Online.
related interests: game development, computer vision, machine learning, functional programming.

found terrasology via: I've heared about terasology on some open source related forum more than a year ago and it was awesome, now I would be happy to contribute the project.

I want to apply for the android support related idea this year of the Google Summer of Code.

I've already been noted that I'm quite late, but I want to catch up, A draft version of the proposal is already posted. I would be gracefull for critics, suggestions and for improvement.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey there, good to see a forum intro. And I can see the GDoc can be commented on now, thanks :)

I expect trying for the full Android compatibility item is still near or entirely impossible this late. The trick isn't even so much the time it would take to do, but that we haven't even examined if all our core systems would even work on Android. For instance our asset system uses a scanning approach that may not work on an Android's file system, meaning if it doesn't there'd be a perhaps substantial effort needed even just preparing that framework. And mixing it with LibGDX means more changes to fit within their asset system, not to even mention the amount of rendering rework.

If the last three weeks had been spent examining and testing those concerns it might be plausible to put together a viable proposal to examine implementing some part of Android compatibility, but without I don't see how it could be confirmed right now as scoped right for a summer of work. If the asset system would require major changes that alone could probably qualify as an entire GSOC item. Reworking a base part of our rendering to be cleaner (the DAG Pipeline item) is another likely prerequisite and its own GSOC item. Touch screen support? Could be another whole GSOC item.

You are more than welcome to still start on an effort to examine the topic, but I just don't see how that could be done before proposals are due (in around 24 hours or so). I'd love to see more work happen for Android but at this point that may have to be done outside GSOC. We'd be thrilled to see that and support it as much as possible, but it is up to you what you'd like to try for.