Intro Hi from Arihant

Discussion in 'Contributor Introductions' started by Arihant A Joshi, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Arihant A Joshi

Arihant A Joshi New Member

• Name: Arihant A Joshi
    • Social: GitHub : https://github.com/ArihantJoshi
    • From: I am from India and currently am a First in Student in BITS PILANI Goa Campus
    • Skills / Tools: I have a basic to intermediate knowledge of C++ and Python. I have a basic understanding of Android Application Development using Android Studio. I have also used Blender, Maya 2015 and Unity3d.
    • Found via: I found Terasology on the GSoC organisations page
    • Interests: I enjoyed playing Minecraft, and have tried modding for a few games.
    • Extra: To be honest I have no real experience in End User Product Development, but I hope to improve on that this summer. I have spent more time doing basic competitive coding, but have realized that's not the thing for me.
  2. Cervator

Cervator Project Lead and Community Wizard Staff Member

Thanks for the intro and welcome to the community! :)

Did any of the items on our idea page stick out to you as interesting? Most do tend to need Java - but with effort and knowledge of programming in general that isn't an insurmountable obstacle. Some of the items need it less.
  3. Arihant A Joshi

I am interested in the ideas regarding avatar selection, character customization, and Physics based combat systems.
  4. Cervator

Great! Have you got the game running from source yet? There are a bunch of instructions in our main GitHub repo's wiki :)
  5. Arihant A Joshi

Yup, I got the game running from code through both gradle and IntelliJ. Any tips on where to start??
  6. Cervator