Source Hi TERASOLOGY :)

Upekshe Jay

I can use the template I used for the GSoC 2015. It was well detailed :) . Anyway I will share a draft proposal today or tomorrow.

oniatus

Contributor
Architecture

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Heyo - sorry about the delay, got really busy at work. I see the proposal in the system. Full review I hope to see from another mentor tomorrow, maybe comments in the doc.

I noticed real quick that the timeline is kind of generic, entries like "Decide on functions to be implemented, and prioritize them" are really more like the sort of stuff you'd put in a template that a person using the template would then replace with actual details of which functions are to be implemented. You need to make the proposal your own - what are you actually going to try implementing? Rather than just describe that you plan to implement stuff :)

It is pretty important to understand some more of the code before you can answer those questions well, which I realize there isn't a lot of time left for.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Heya - are you sure it updated? I'm still seeing last modified March 21, 2016 and am not sure I'm spotting any changes.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Alright, the GSOC site must just not be reflecting changes to the doc in its listed date then :)

Appreciate it! Have you had any more time to dig into the related code?

Upekshe Jay

Yes, I did try to dig into the code, I am looking at both MOO and Miniions source codes. BTW, where are these models saved. I mean the L&S models, OreanGuard, OreonMaster,... :)

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yes, I did try to dig into the code, I am looking at both MOO and Miniions source codes. BTW, where are these models saved. I mean the L&S models, OreanGuard, OreonMaster,... :)
Do you mean the raw Blender models? We try to keep those in a "meta" repository that doesn't ship with the game, one example is for wild animals: https://github.com/MetaTerasology/WildAnimals

The L&S creatures haven't been moved to a meta repo yet so they still live in an older location: https://github.com/MovingBlocks/TeraMisc/tree/master/lightandshadow/redteam

Oreons I'm not sure we have the originals for :( Maybe saved on somebody's hard drive somewhere. Would have to do some digging.

Upekshe Jay

So how can we use the Oreons models to spawn them. Are the stored in another format inside the game. I uploaded the proposal to the summerofcode site.. if you have time can you have a look and tell me if anything to be changed

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
So how can we use the Oreons models to spawn them. Are the stored in another format inside the game. I uploaded the proposal to the summerofcode site.. if you have time can you have a look and tell me if anything to be changed
The Oreons are indeed in a different format in-game, they're in md5 which the engine knows how to use :)

Those versions of the creatures live here: https://github.com/Terasology/Oreons

I didn't get a chance to look at the proposal again, but I see it in the right place in the system so you're all set. We have a few weeks now to review and spend time with all the students, we'll do what we can to keep mentoring whether you get a project slot or not :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Bump! Heya @Upekshe Jay are you still out there and doing well? :)

We're slowly digging through the pile of GSOC proposals and I made it through yours again, a bit more thoroughly. Saw you had read an AI book by Peter Norvig, very cool, I managed to get into a free AI course he and Sebastian Thrun ran online out of Stanford, so I got to see the two of them via web conference. Also noted you had some experience with unit testing.

Any interest in doing a small contribution before April 22nd, or are you otherwise occupied till then? There are probably some small AI stuff to do somewhere and just about anything could benefit from more unit tests :)

Upekshe Jay

@Cervator , Ya I am around and these days I am thinking about how the UI should be for the MOO. What I thought was if the idea is to connect MOO's Oreans AI to the behavior trees( I am trying to understand the way how the behavior trees code work) the current menu would be useless. And since the generic idea is to create a environment where the player command the Oreans to do stuff, simply the behavior trees can be use to assign work for them. About "doing a small contribution before April 22nd", I would love to do some work in AI. :) . I guess I should look at the issue list to find some thing :).

Upekshe Jay

@Cervator since you have pointed out " There are probably some small AI stuff to do somewhere" do you have something in mind?
BTW, is there some graphical representations showing how the system works, A set of use case diagrams..

Last edited: