Logistics
Awesome! Can't wait to try it out at home.:shock:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I'm going to be a non-conformist and start my own group, the "it works with the downloaded package but not from source" :D

Which is probably going to be my fault. Beginning to wonder if my video card is messed up!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh doy, note to self: delete SAVED_WORLDS when updating. Otherwise the manifest will be all off. Well, at least it isn't like I wrote that design or anything...

Okay, I'm a conformist with shiny new torches again ;)

I might suggest making it a teensy bit smaller if anything, or even make it a.. uh.. 3D trapezoid? Which I guess is also called a "Truncated square pyramid, or frustum of a square pyramid" - in other words, a little thinner at the base than at the tip :)

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Well, I now have a two week break stretched out before me, a gaping abyss begging to be filled with code. This is what I have in mind in no particular order (probably will only manage a fifth of it), although let me know if you have any suggestions. :)

* Set up my new computer
* Improve prefabs to allow any entity references they have to be linked to other prefabs (would allow things like a player prefab specifying their starting inventory, and related entities holding the actions to perform on events). Or to have inlined prefabs.
* Clean up the game state management and a few other things like the renderer owning the world, in preparation for future work (multiplayer and modding)
* Play some Guild Wars 2
* Implement doors, to get a first pass on the components and component systems to support compound block entities.
* Generally improve the existing components + component systems, adding more events, making the components more generic/reusable and adding some of the more important action components, like spawning a prefab and dealing damage.
* Document the entity system on the wiki
* Add the beginnings of mod capability - a mod directory within which folders or packages (zip/jar) can be placed for each mod, and a menu to enable and disable them. Hopefully be able to start moving some content into mod packages. Firm up world behaviour as textures are changed or blocks added/removed.
* Convert block shapes to be defined in JSON rather than groovy config files. Possible block definitions too if there is time?

metouto

Contributor
Art
So Immortius ..... what do you plan to do on the 2nd day of your two week break .... just kidding I wish you luck with all that my friend ;)

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Heh. I must admit I was tempted to write the list out in the style of Like a Boss. :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
All sounds good to me! Except that whole playing GW2 bit, that sounds like a total time-sink taking away from coding :D

(Naw, do relax during your time off. Heck, I might even try GW2)

Proceed, like a boss! I'd focus on ES stuff since that's sort of your thing. And yeah, I could let go of the block definitions in Groovy, tho I'd cry a little on the inside for a bit! :sniffle: