Josh

Josh

Contributor
Hunter
  • Name: Josh Payne
  • Nicks: Joshy426
  • Skills / Tools: I have years of experience with Java and the OpenGL library, I started trying to learn C++ recently, and I have like no art skills :p
  • Found via: Youtube.
  • Interests: I like to put combat into games, like a good combat system would be nice for killing mobs. Some cool weapons, stuff like that, also the survival aspect, I want to make it so you can travel around, and trade. It gives it a little turn away from Minecraft even though Minecraft also has NPC I would like to have Bad NPC that can kill you or hunt you.
  • Extra: I'm looking forward to working on Terasology, If I can even get the source running correctly in IntelliJ since I have no Idea how to do it and the Dev Setup wiki is confusing.
If anyone wants to help me set the source up that will be great.

Also feel free to add me on Skype:
Joshy426

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hey Josh, welcome to the forum! :)
For concrete setup questions I would recommend the IRC chat.
All things regarding the combat system/framework can be found in this combat framework thread, and aherber is the one you have to contact in this field of interest. The NPC and village related things are discussed in this thread, so you may want to talk to Perdemot for the AI stuff..

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome! Already talked to you via email and IRC, but I like to make sure to say hi here as well :D

aherber

Contributor
Architecture
Hi Josh and welcome,

Glad to hear you are also interrested in working on the combat for the game :).
I have already started working on the technical foundation. Still have to overcome some issues when it comes to the perfomance and accurancy of the collision detection.Bullet is (literaly) giving me some headaches lately. I will clean up the code and commit it to my repository at github. It just very much work in progress at the moment. We have a thread for the Combat Framework in the Incubator Forum http://forum.movingblocks.net/threads/combat-framework.420/ and there is also another post in the forum that sums up the plans for the combat . http://forum.movingblocks.net/threads/anatomy.506/#post-4345. If you have any questions just let me know. Im glad if i can help you.