• Trading and resource gathering
  • Rail construction and utilization
  • Responsive AI based on faction
  • Weapon and tool crafting
  • Gun / projectile combat
  • Basic supply/demand economies
Theme / setting:
  • Wild west with robots
  • The "wild life" and domestic fauna are all alien (gooey cows)

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Assorted possible tie-ins:
  • Gooey cows "Googgalos" make "glurm" ("slurm" from Futurama) which is powerful enough to serve as train fuel. Can harvest it gentle in smaller amounts or cruelly by blending Googgalos
  • Setting could be similar to Firefly just with towns connected by rails instead. Find a (train) crew, find a job, keep rolling
  • Gameplay could proceed a little like FTL where you select between a few unexplored rail tracks leading away from the active town and see what you get
Other remembered thoughts from before the first thread poofed:
  • Not all towns necessarily start with rails, possible benefit to finding those not yet connected then connecting them.
  • Upgrade your robot avatar in pieces and see the model itself change with time.
On a related note @Adeon has large scale trains with multi-block track curves and such under development, looks sweet!

Adeon

terasology.ru
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Logistics
Mmm, @glasz can you add MOAR details for the texture? =)

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Looks good to me, especially for a first version - more detail or not might be more of a style thing :)

One thing sticks out now that it is a model rather than a flat piece of concept art - without the hat at just the right spot/angle the full round eyes seems to make him look much more passive than mean. Maybe narrow eyes (> would bring that back?

glasz

Contributor
Art
I will rework the texture later on, at least making some well orgniazd uv map, in case someone else want to give it a try.

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
I love watching you model stuff glasz! I'll see if I can come up with a few more characters. :) Let me know if you have any ideas.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Wow ! That is looking REALLY nice! :D

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
Paging @Chrisk ... how about some awesome heavy metal cowboy music to go along with our theme?! Something totally different. Heavy metal banjo! Or failing that some Zeppelin-esque stuff. - Immigrant song.

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I imagine that could fit in well and make that gameplay more unique :)

While I'm not personally a big fan of metal I've heard some interesting mixes of metal + classical. Might be a neat way to tie to the main soundtrack with its use of orchestra type music?

I wonder if a subtle hint of dubstep would fit in anywhere or be completely out of whack :)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
I wonder if a subtle hint of dubstep would fit in anywhere or be completely out of whack :)
Heh, that comes back to dynamic soundtrack - imagine a wild drive with a train with some heavy music in the background!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey @glasz - this is almost like a blast to the past at this point, but did you get the robot model to the point where we could put it into a module? I don't want it to be forgotten and it would be cool to see rolling around :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
How did I miss this .....

@ SuperSnark .... great idea :geek:
@ glasz .... wow ..... I am sooooooooo jealous of your ability to make models :love:
@ Adeon ..... like your tracks ...... I want a ticket to ride
..... just soooooo cool !!!!

@ glasz .... would you be willing to do a written "step by step" guide for me of your making "bad robot" ??? I know this is asking a lot, I know that you are busy in real life, I know this is asking a lot, and I'm thinking that if you would do it (maybe ???) Cervator would put it some place special so others like me could see & use it also and maybe even make other models for terasology (could I hope for so much ????)

If you chose not to do so ..... it is OK I would understand but at least I thought I would ask :coffee:

Last edited:

glasz

Contributor
Art
I will make a written step by step, just need to gather the time and energy :)