Question

metouto

Contributor
Art
Hi all I am new here and have questions ....

1) What are those pesky little colored blocks the 2 is pointing at in above picture?

2)What is the block that the one is pointing to in the above picture?

3) I can remove blocks but I don't seem to have any inventory

4) Is the only thing that I can do now is explore

5) the # 1 spot, under the hearts, seems to be brick block and the other numbered spots are empty

Now, I know from reading some of the posts that this game is in it's very early stages of creation .... right ???

Also I am not a coder, programmer ..... just a interested watcher/player but I just want you to know I really like what I see so far.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
1) It is a little hard to see in your screenshot, but we've got little colorful gelatinous cubes bouncing around the world as makeshift mobs - they're an easy first creature until we get a fancier mob system :)

2) The weird single block floating somewhere in the world is a "portal" block - again a placeholder for a more fancy-looking portal. The gelatinous cubes spawn either right near the Portal (50%) or anywhere in a wide radius around the portal (remaining 50%). Texture was just the first strange looking one I found that would make it stand out. We've got a bunch of stuff planned for portals.

3) Inventory is in development right now. We have a concept for how blocks will drop in a more unique fashion, then be pickable for your inventory :)

4) Yes - explore and be bothered by the little gelatinous cubes gathering around you ;)

5) The toolbar is also very early (spot a pattern yet, heh?). There are a few tools available and they change rather often. Other than remove/place block there are some selection tools that can copy paste a bunch of blocks in one move, along with a tool that blows up terrain :D

Thanks for the questions and your observations! Stay tuned for more :)

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Make sure to update Blockmania daily (and to remove your saved world when you're upgrading). We're currently advancing rapidly gameplay-wise. :twisted:

metouto

Contributor
Art
@ Cervator ... I am sorry about my screen being hard to see :oops: I was not sure what size to make it but I guess I should have zoomed in on what I wanted you to look at better :oops:

1) from reading post I thought that was what they were but now I now for sure ;) thank you ;)

3) :eek:

4) good ..... that will keep me busy for a while And it is always nice to have a friend or two to share a new world with and to talk to :D .... I'll bet that those little gelatinous cubes are great listeners :)

5) yes ..... I ..... think I see a ....... pattern :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

@ begla ..... where is the best place to go to get the newest daily update for Blockmania ..... http://blog.movingblocks.net/

I do think I will "stay tuned" for more ... :) if you don't mind me lurking in the shadows :) .... I have never been able to get this close to a beginning of a game and I sure would like to grow up with this one because it seems like it will be fun ;) ;) ;)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
We'll be thrilled to have more people try out the game even this early - helps with some more perspective and often somebody will find a bug we've missed, like shaders compiling funny on some platforms :)

The best way to keep up with daily changes is to register for GitHub, even if you don't think you'll contribute code anytime soon - just "Watch" the assorted Blockmania repos and "Follow" the active contributors, and your dashboard will list all the changes as they happen :geek:

Also helps to follow us on Twitter/FB, and indeed the blog. Lots of stuff going on!