Contributor qwc (aka teh docker dude) says hello!

qwc

Docker Dude!
Contributor
Hi there,

yeah, some may already know me by some other nickname - the docker dude. :D
Finally I've found my way into the terasology forums aswell...

Well, let's start:
  • Name: Marcel 'qwc' Otte
  • Social: Github, Twitter, G+, Blog, DockerHub
  • Skills / Tools: Well, this could be a big list, I'll try to keep it short:
    • Programming Languages, in order of personal preference: C/C++ and Java, Python, Shell like bash, zsh (and C#, Haskell, M$ Windows Batch Script :poop:, etc., etc.)
    • Linux, many many flavours of... (Arch Linux is my fav!)
    • git, svn and bzr are no-brainers
    • CI and CD with: Jenkins and GitLab; Builds with: CMake, Make, gradle, ant and self-built environments/scripts in python
    • Project management with Agile Methodology using Atlassian Jira, GitLab and a bunch of other supporting software
    • Other skills: - Overthinking things or thinking too complex, - starting new ideas that never get to an end, - finding new fields of interest only to find out that I've got not enough time in my life to do them all... - delaying own projects, because of lack of time, which may also come from to much work at work and too much exhaustion after work... narf.
  • Found via: öhm, yeah, seriously? I don't know. It was somewhere back in 2014/2015, was searching for minecraft alternatives and here I am.
  • Interests: Well, I were 'forced' to play Minecraft with some friends in an online gaming clan called the 'Owl Clan' (uhu-uhu.de). And as I am an open source enthusiast I've searched for open source solutions. My interests are manifold, currently I've built up a docker image for terasology servers, because.. well just cause. Maybe I am able to contribute more, but when I look at my work hours and other things to do, there won't be much...:alien:
  • Extra: There's a penguin missing in this smiley list... o_O
Ah, if you don't know to pronounce 'qwc' just think of 'quick'.

All clarity eliminated? :whistle:

Last edited: