Suggested SkyGrid - WorldGenerator Review

Graviton48

I Loved the WorldGenerator at the moment I spawned into it. It is very unique. Unlike other generators, this generator had no ground! It was made/developed by Soundwave.
Its features:
  • It is a grid in the sky made up of blocks equidistant from each other just like the name suggests.
  • It creates many patterns from various angles.
  • It is an endless world on 5 sides.
  • It is very different and creative!
But, there are some areas where improvements can be done:
  1. The spawning of individual blocks in the world made it slightly laggy.
  2. The player cannot move around unless he knows the command "flight". Otherwise, the blocks are far away from each other to hop on.
Suggestions:
  • The blocks can be brought a little closer so that the player can hop on them.
  • This can be made a game of hopping, where the player has to hop properly and survive.
  • If possible, the World should be made less laggy for a better play experience.
Otherwise, the world is great and really fun to play around with! :)

Here are some screenshots of the world in-game:
worldgen1.png

worldgen2.png

worldgen3.png

worldgen4.png

worldgen5.png

worldgen6.png

Last edited:

Soundwave

Chief Purely Theoretical Technology Officer
  1. The player cannot move around unless he knows the command "flight". Otherwise, the blocks are far away from each other to hop on.
Suggestions:
  • The blocks can be brought a little closer so that the player can hop on them.
It's actually not impossible to hop, but it's really tricky because the map is designed for the jumping mechanics of Minecraft. I think I might adjust the distances or change jump mechanics for this module.

• This can be made a game of hopping, where the player has to hop properly and survive.
That's the idea!

• If possible, the World should be made less laggy for a better play experience.
But, there are some areas where improvements can be done:
  1. The spawning of individual blocks in the world made it slightly laggy.
Good to know, will look into this.