Archived Torches (and Greetings)

Sunray

Hello all! Being new to this forum, I thought I'd take my chance to say hi :D I don't often sign up for forums, but I think this game has so much awesome potential I really want to be involved from (kinda) the beginning :3 Also, the community is part of what makes games truely exciting and I would love to be part of that!

I have been desperately thinking of some idea or contribution that hasn't been already said, and haven't come up with much, but one thing I did notice while playing is that the torches can be quite harsh. There doesn't seem to be enough 'bleed' or ambient lighting in my view. I have a screenshot (taken while at max graphics) that hopefully demonstrates my point. I apologise if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find it while searching, so :3
Only other thing I noticed so far is the slightly jarring transition from day to night but I'm sure you're aware of that :p

I hope I will be some use at some point, but glhf to you lovely developers for now :laugh:

Attachments

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Welcome :)
begla said something about SSAO in this post, which would include torches as well (at least I think so). For me it seems that would be a great starting point for you, though.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks for the extra thoughts to catch something unique! Yeah I look forward to seeing that area develop further :)

Sunray

Thank you both :)
If I could code I would try, but as it is I am slowly working my way through python atm so I won't be able to help there for a while :cry: Coding is good fun though ^^