Version 1.1.0 Release Candidate

SimonC4

Contributor
The 1.1.0 release candidate is now up on Steam on the Beta branch which is still password protected.

It would be good to do an announcement and make the Beta publicly available.

Not sure what you do in Terasology for release notes. It would be good to get people to test the Linux version as well as seeing if there are any crashes caused by the screen resolution. Maybe need to setup a thread to report issues.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Generally we publish the release zip to GitHub as an actual release with some change notes attached there. Usually I write a stable release post here in the global announcement section but this should work fine. We should probably focus the release notes on GitHub (we really should for Terasology as well) and/or start keeping a changelog in the source tree.

We can copy paste it to a Steam announcement when the time is right :)

Would indeed be good to have someone test Linux, I can't at the moment. Can poke some people and hopefully get some attention for it by the weekend if no sooner.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I went ahead and tested the beta on Steam - does it auto-update when a new build is uploaded or do you need a new key or anything? Everything looked fine and I can spot some of our fixes which is neat :)

Do we still need to enter a key to actually activate the Beta or just right-click in library and configure it to use the Beta? We should probably just leave it open for now to make testing easier.

@PrivateAlpha @theotherjay @Linus @SuperSnark @Halamix2 @prestidigitator etc - come help test!

SimonC4

Contributor
Yeah, the Steam builds will auto update. Currently the updates are only on the Beta. I've removed the password on the Beta now, so that should be publicly accessible now.

Halamix2

Contributor
GUI
Hunter
After changing to "beta" (without key) version 1.1.0 was automatically installed.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
After changing to "beta" (without key) version 1.1.0 was automatically installed.
Well, don't keep us in suspense, did it work? I'm going to assume it worked :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Got the Android version published in a Beta state too! The key we got matches, woo :D

Unlike Steam apparently it may take a few hours for it to be available. I'll check on it later. Need to set it up properly in Jenkins too, but I got the signed release build working via Gradle instead of IntelliJ so that should be doable.

metouto

Contributor
Art
Cervator have you or are you going to try Amazon for this :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
The Amazon app store? Haven't tried yet. Open minded for it - if it works we should do it. Need to find the time to do it though :D

(I haven't forgotten about stuff I owe you either, aieee!)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Have successfully tested v1.1.0 via Google Play now! Got some more Gradle tweaks to send to GitHub, need to think some about Jenkins builds first :)

Release candidate is on GitHub with change notes: https://github.com/MovingBlocks/DestinationSol/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Going to announce the beta release on Steam, and ask in particular for Linux and Android testing for anybody interested. Probably release officially on Friday if no major issues are noted.

How to beta test on Android:

Halamix2

Contributor
GUI
Hunter
Lg L Fino (4.4.2) 1.1.0 works fine (although because fonts are not .ttf files but .png "version" text is almost unreadable)

SimonC4

Contributor
Can someone please confirm that downloading the Beta on Steam actually displays "version 1.1.0". It used to work for me, but now has gone back to the same build as the main branch, version 1.0.2. This is on Linux and Windows.

I would quite like to confirm if this is an issue with everyone or just me.

Halamix2

Contributor
GUI
Hunter
I have 1.1.0 version (on Steam it is displayed as "Destination Sol [beta]" in games list)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Looks like I have a similar issue now.

I had updated to the Beta while there was a key on it. Still had it listed as [beta] but checked just now and I was on 1.0.2 again.

Uninstalled, opted out of beta, reinstalled, normal 1.0.2 as expected. Opted in to beta without a key, waited a few minutes, [beta] tag appeared again, but still 1.0.2

SimonC4

Contributor
Looks like I have a similar issue now.

I had updated to the Beta while there was a key on it. Still had it listed as [beta] but checked just now and I was on 1.0.2 again.

Uninstalled, opted out of beta, reinstalled, normal 1.0.2 as expected. Opted in to beta without a key, waited a few minutes, [beta] tag appeared again, but still 1.0.2
Hmm. That's exactly what I'm experiencing.

SimonC4

Contributor
Ok. I think it's sorted now. I've created a new beta branch called "openbeta" and disabled "beta". Would be good if someone else could confirm.

Seems that Steam doesn't like it when you remove a password from the beta branch.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I've published v1.1.0 on Google Play and can confirm I'm getting the new version now without being opted in for beta testing :)

Steam on the other hand - I've made the latest release candidate the target for the "Default" branch which was previously v1.0.2, but naturally even after uninstalling and reinstalling I'm still seeing the old release ;)

Unsure if that's more weirdness / caching for Steam or if I didn't release it fully yet. I checked the "Publishing" section but it claims there are no unpublished changes. Anybody able to try the latest non-beta and see what release you get?

@SimonC4 feel free to tweak anything in Steam if you notice(d) something I haven't :)

Edit: Never mind! There it went. Just had to be patient. v1.1.0 is live!

Last edited:

SimonC4

Contributor
Yay! After you make a change in Steamworks you need to restart the Steam client for the changes to appear straight away.