Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
So after seeing the new train and tracks in action I got thinking about possible ways to incorporate that into a module for TS.

One thing I thought of was a Wild West type theme, but maybe mixed with some sillyness that fits Terasology. Such as jelly-gooey herders, and squared off-robot bandits with cowboy hats on top.

With a few modifications we might be able to customize our Cities module to build Wild West stylized buildings like a town clocktower, water towers for the railroad, stables, ranch houses, etc.

Another thing might be to set up trains on a "schedule" so that they run along tracks from town to town.

Players might be able to place their cargo on a train, and when the train gets to another town, the player receives money for the shipment.

Anyway, the idea is basically an open world, sandbox type world where anything goes. You'd have these core things in place, like a rudimentary economy, and various systems to support that sandbox world, such as farms that grow crops that feed livestock (gooeyes), that produce goo (eco friendly fuel and thirst quencher!) etc.

You'd also have factional groups that would operate according to faction identity. Bandit bots that rob trains, townsfolk that operate the bank, or smith things for you.

As a player, you would have no set goal. You could make money herding gooeys from one farm to another, you could be a railroad tycoon and ship your goods for money to other towns, you could play as a bandit, robbing trians and increasing a bounty on your head that locals or other players could collect, etc.

But the idea is an open world, sandbox style environment that supports some of the modules we've been accruing over the years. And the theme is sort of a mish mash Wild West meets low tech robo stuff. If I have time I'll put some concept art together for a theme.

Thoughts?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
We talked about this some on IRC and I like the idea, especially with reference potential to Futurama (they're whalers on the moon! But really in the desert and they're robot bandits) and Idiocracy (behold the successor of BRAWNDO: Glurm, milked from the herds of Buggalo-like Gooeys - it has electrolytes and is what trains crave!)

Mainly I think it is a cool purpose for trains/rails beyond the "Here you go!" approach in MC. Could perhaps work well with an AWT-like overview map to route trains :)

Adeon

terasology.ru
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Logistics
Yeah, good idea!!! Some things about setup trains on a "schedule" so that they run along tracks from town to town. I want to add signalling mod(now I'am trying to fix it). After this you can controll speed train or direction of the crossrail being in a distance =)