Archived Won't start in win 7

GBSteve

I just downloaded the files, extracted them and started the program. It opens and allows me to adjust options, but when I click on 'single player' (which is the only option I have - no multiplayer) nothing happens at all. I've read through the other posts. Don't know how to find a log to post as that seems to be important. My computer should be fully adequate for this game (i7, 1 gb discrete graphics card, plenty of RAM and HD space). I installed openAL as others seem to have had a problem not having that. No difference. Rebooted - no difference. What can I do? I do hear the background music. Many thanks. Looks like a great game. My kids are MC addicts. I like the graphics of this game better.

slpstrm

Check and see where you have it installed i had it just on c: drive.
It must be installed in c:user name/app data/roaming.
I did that and it now working fine no problems.

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
The only place you really can't install it is c:\program files (or variants thereof). It will work from there only if you run it in administrator mode - anything less and windows won't let it create files. Eventually we'll get around to having it create files in the My Games folder instead or at least somewhere more sensible. :)

There shouldn't be a need to install it to roaming specifically.

Chris Maler

I'm having this same problem. Win 7, with latest java update. Installed into C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Downloads\Terasology
Tried Administrator mode and had same symptom.
update
-Moved to roaming and still have same problem.

I'm wondering it it is my intel express graphics?

here's the exceptions from the log

Code:
08:44:44)org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 1 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 0 keys and 0 values [WARNING] (12-20 08:44:44)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.world.MiniatureChunk via MappedContainer[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:44)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.rendering.world.BlockGrid via MappedContainer[SEVERE] (12-20 08:44:44)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Set field is not parameterized, or holds unsupported type[SEVERE] (12-20 08:44:44)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Unsupported field type in component type BlockGrid, _gridPositions : java.util.Set<org.terasology.rendering.world.BlockGrid$GridPosition>[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:44)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.components.BlockParticleEffectComponent$Particle via MappedContainer[SEVERE] (12-20 08:44:54)org.reflections.Reflections - scan
given scan urls are empty. set urls in the configuration[INFO] (12-20 08:44:54)org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 1 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 0 keys and 0 values [INFO] (12-20 08:44:55)org.terasology.world.block.loader.BlockLoader - loadBlockDefinitions
Loading Blocks...[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:55)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.world.MiniatureChunk via MappedContainer[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:55)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.rendering.world.BlockGrid via MappedContainer[SEVERE] (12-20 08:44:55)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Set field is not parameterized, or holds unsupported type[SEVERE] (12-20 08:44:55)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Unsupported field type in component type BlockGrid, _gridPositions : java.util.Set<org.terasology.rendering.world.BlockGrid$GridPosition>[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:55)org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.components.BlockParticleEffectComponent$Particle via MappedContainer[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:56)org.terasology.entitySystem.persistence.EntityPersisterHelperImpl - getComponentClass
Unable to deserialise unknown component type: MinionBar[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:56)org.terasology.entitySystem.persistence.EntityPersisterHelperImpl - deserializeComponent
Unable to deserialise unknown component type: MinionBar[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:56)org.terasology.entitySystem.persistence.EntityPersisterHelperImpl - getComponentClass
Unable to deserialise unknown component type: MinionController[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:56)org.terasology.entitySystem.persistence.EntityPersisterHelperImpl - deserializeComponent
Unable to deserialise unknown component type: MinionController[INFO] (12-20 08:44:56)org.terasology.game.modes.loadProcesses.InitialiseWorld - step
World seed: "qMvMiRnNaNbWoKnIlQgHgMzLfYdXfXfF"[INFO] (12-20 08:44:56)org.terasology.world.generator.core.BasicHMTerrainGenerator - setWorldSeed
Initialising World[INFO] (12-20 08:44:56)org.terasology.world.generator.core.BasicHMTerrainGenerator - setWorldSeed
Initialising World[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:58)org.terasology.entitySystem.pojo.PojoEntityManager - create
Unable to instantiate unknown prefab: "potions:purplepotion"[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:58)org.terasology.entitySystem.pojo.PojoEntityManager - create
Unable to instantiate unknown prefab: "potions:greenpotion"[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:58)org.terasology.entitySystem.pojo.PojoEntityManager - create
Unable to instantiate unknown prefab: "potions:eek:rangepotion"[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:58)org.terasology.entitySystem.pojo.PojoEntityManager - create
Unable to instantiate unknown prefab: "potions:redpotion"[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:58)org.terasology.entitySystem.pojo.PojoEntityManager - create
Unable to instantiate unknown prefab: "books:book"[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:58)org.terasology.entitySystem.pojo.PojoEntityManager - create
Unable to instantiate unknown prefab: "books:bluebook"[WARNING] (12-20 08:44:58)org.terasology.entitySystem.pojo.PojoEntityManager - create
Unable to instantiate unknown prefab: "books:redbook"[SEVERE] (12-20 08:45:03)org.terasology.game.Terasology - main
Uncaught Exception

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi GBSteve and Chris Maler :)

Chris - is that the whole log? It seems like it cuts off right where it gets interesting talking about the uncaught exception that crashed the game - if needed you can copy-paste to a site like pastebin instead if the forum post complains about too much text :geek:

In general intel graphics are pretty poorly supported though - so if you're trying to run it off a laptop that may well be the issue :(

Steve - the log file should be created in /logs in the directory you run the game from. It would be very helpful to see what's in there

Chris Maler

Thanks Cervator here's a better copy of the log file

Code:
[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.game.TerasologyEngine - init
Initializing Terasology...[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.game.TerasologyEngine - init
[buildNumber=328, buildId=2012-12-20_07-40-40, buildTag=jenkins-Terasology-328, buildUrl=http://jenkins.movingblocks.net/job/Terasology/328/, gitBranch=develop, gitCommit=dccfab4cdc47d2a113e72bded9994f502233d911, dateTime=2012-12-20_07-41-22][INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
Initializing OpenAL audio manager[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
OpenAL 1.1 ALSOFT 1.14 initialized![INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
Using OpenAL: OpenAL Soft by OpenAL Community[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
Using device: OpenAL Soft[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
Available AL extensions: AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_buffer_samples AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFTX_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_loop_points[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
Available ALC extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_DEDICATED ALC_EXT_disconnect ALC_EXT_EFX ALC_EXT_thread_local_context ALC_SOFT_loopback[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
Max mono sources: 255[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
Max stereo sources: 1[INFO] (12-20 07:53:57)    org.terasology.audio.OpenALManager - initialize
Mixer frequency: 48000[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 586 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 176 keys and 837 values [INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Books and Bookcases (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Core Gameplay (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Fence Pack (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Funny Blocks (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Metouto's Mineral Pack (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Miniions (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Esa-Petri's lights (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: World portals for creature spawning (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Potion Pack (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Soil Pack (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.mod.ModManager - refresh
Discovered mod: Example Mod (hasCode = true)[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.manager.ShaderManager - <init>
Loading Terasology shader manager...[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.manager.ShaderManager - <init>
GL_VERSION: 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1883[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.manager.ShaderManager - <init>
SHADING_LANGUAGE VERSION: 1.20  - Intel Build 8.15.10.1883[INFO] (12-20 07:53:58)    org.terasology.logic.manager.ShaderManager - <init>
EXTENSIONS: GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_NV_blend_square GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_texture_float GL_NV_conditional_render GL_EXT_texture_swizzle [INFO] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 1 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 0 keys and 0 values [INFO] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 2 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 5 keys and 8 values [INFO] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 1 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 0 keys and 0 values [INFO] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 5 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 7 keys and 15 values [INFO] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 3 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 4 keys and 7 values [INFO] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 0 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 0 keys and 0 values [INFO] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 12 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 13 keys and 24 values [INFO] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.reflections.Reflections - scan
Reflections took 1 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 0 keys and 0 values [WARNING] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.world.MiniatureChunk via MappedContainer[WARNING] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.rendering.world.BlockGrid via MappedContainer[SEVERE] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Set field is not parameterized, or holds unsupported type[SEVERE] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Unsupported field type in component type BlockGrid, _gridPositions : java.util.Set<org.terasology.rendering.world.BlockGrid$GridPosition>[WARNING] (12-20 07:53:59)    org.terasology.entitySystem.metadata.ComponentLibraryImpl - getHandlerFor
Handling serialization of type class org.terasology.components.BlockParticleEffectComponent$Particle via MappedContainer[INFO] (12-20 07:54:01)    org.terasology.game.TerasologyEngine - cleanup
Shutting down Terasology...

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Huh, in that one I don't even see a crash. Did you rerun the game only to the menu then shut it down normally? I don't see a world being created :)