Inactive Liquid Simulation

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I was digging around a little curiously and remembered we had done a highlight build for the cellular automata while it was in /mods/cellularAutomata in @Linus' develop branch long ago.

http://jenkins.terasology.org/job/HighlightedBranch/13/

While it doesn't have any artifacts attached (and the develop branch was overwritten long ago - I guess that was in part how the code was lost?) it is quite possible that's just because I restored a quick backup back after our server exploded. I found an old copy of the highlight13 binary build on my local drive that I downloaded to test long ago. I'll attach the jar for the fun of it

I might even have an old Git workspace somewhere of just around the right age. Should I dig around some more or not likely enough use, in particular since we could probably just decompile the attached jar if curious?

Reminder: This jar is based on the legacy architecture :)

Attachments

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
With SimpleLiquids in the Omega lineup now, this topic may no longer be inactive. Maybe we should make a new thread (@Skaldarnar ?), archive this one as a dupe in Suggestions (so it stays visible, unlike in the Archive forum, IIRC), then reference it from the new thread?

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Sounds good. I'll prepare a short wrap up of what currently is in SimpleLiquids and where it should go down the road. May take a few days, tho.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
RIP debug water indeed, good times, and apt soundtrack pick :)

@Skaldarnar when do we get a new pool with a drain? :D

4D enthusiast

Contributor
Although this thread has been inactive for years, I thought I'd record here for anyone still reading this that I've made the FlowingLiquids module, which features conserved liquids, but not any of the fancier above-block-level stuff anyone has suggested. It's in a reasonably complete state, but unfortunately requires the use of an engine branch to have access to enough data storage.