Suggested Advanced Clipper Tools

Wolfgange

Unless this is already implemented and I just don't know the shortcut for it, it would be very beneficial to allow the clipper tool to be used as a cut and paste tool in freestyle.

Aside from this, perhaps in the extremely far future, is it plausible that there could be an export selection to blender feature that would use something similar to this generator to generate a .blend file (or 3D model file) with all the blocks with textured sides? Ultimately, there could be support for rendering with your current texture pack (when they are added) and making torches light up.

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Unless this is already implemented and I just don't know the shortcut for it, it would be very beneficial to allow the clipper tool to be used as a cut and paste tool in freestyle.
Yes.

Aside from this, perhaps in the extremely far future, is it plausible that there could be an export selection to blender feature that would use something similar to this generator to generate a .blend file (or 3D model file) with all the blocks with textured sides?
That is plausible, probably to .obj I guess? We already dump the necessary texture to go with it.

Ultimately, there could be support for rendering with your current texture pack (when they are added)
There is support for texture packs via module overrides - they don't work the same way as Minecraft's though. They are selected on world creation at the moment, and the server makes all players use the same one.

and making torches light up.
Not sure what you mean by this, torches already light up. Do you mean torch flames?

Wolfgange

Not sure what you mean by this, torches already light up. Do you mean torch flames?
I was talking about within the export to blender option, have it set torches to emit light.