Archived Advertisement Page

Wolfgange

Could you add a tab to the forum called "Advertisements" and it basically displays about 30 google ads linked to Terasology account, so that every time someone clicks on an ad, it generates funding for the project? Although I doubt it would raise more than a few dollars, if people want to support Terasology, they can go on the ad page and click on all the ads they are interested in.

Furthermore, I could use that page to test whether I have adblock on when I install new browsers :).

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Wouldn't make sense yet, IMHO, akin to how we don't have monetization enabled on Youtube. Until there's actually a potential source of income to it, as well as a purpose for the income I'd rather keep everything "clean" :)

Even the donations we get we don't actually use for anything (note to self: invest in Dogecoins ...) - although I suppose we could use them to pay off the server hosting partially (wouldn't be nearly enough though). We just enabled a method for donations as it was asked for a few times.

Down the road this is a topic we'll revisit. But at least that's one thing we don't have to worry about just yet! :ninja: