Archived an idea.

brutus

just a little idea i had, in minecraft you simply start the game with no explanation of how you got there, you just spawn and thats it. so My idea is why not tell the story of haow the player got to where he/she is when you start the game. for instance, "You were sent on a journey to survey a newly found piece of land and got lost, you have no way of getting home, the only choice you have is whether or not you will survive and even thrive in this hostile place." (lazy version of course but it gets my point across.) granted this will probably have to wait until the game is developed entirely but, In my opinion this would be a nice little add on that would add to the authenticity of teresology.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I haven't thought much about pre-world story in the game. Mainly generating some degree of story moving forward dynamically from the world. But a Dwarf Fortress-like living world with centuries of generated events would be nice.

I don't even know who the player is or why you'd appear in the middle of nowhere near a portal yet. Not even sure what race you'd be :D

So yeah, story is nice, but waaaay out there :geek:

metouto

Contributor
Art
I love stories behind things so this is a very good Idea for down the road brutus

.... now where did I find Cerator's to-do list .... no not that one it is from my wife's list of things I am to do next week ..... drat .....

brutus

well at this stage anything is possible, heck you could even make 3 or 4 different stories of how you got there and let the game pick one at random. (I'm not talking about the story as it progresses through the game but the starting point rather.) for instace the first time you were a surveyor and got lost. the second time you started a new map you would be a lost camper. (the list of possibilities could go on and on.)