Resolved Black Screen Horizontal Bar

cyris69

Hey guys, was browsing the net for a game to play and found this one. Downloaded the Omega zip from github, also tried the launcher I found both had the same issue once ingame.

PC Specs are

i7-3930k water cooled 4.5ghz
32gb ddr3
Zotac 980 Ti Superclocked
all SSD's etc etc etc

Newest drivers, everything golden. Unless this game doesn't like 1440p monitors.

Here is the zip of the most recent game save. I can run around, toss TNT, etc. I can see menus, toolbar, and have sound. Thanks in advanced.

Oh, just use core mode no modules, using epic settings. settings haven't fixed the issue so not that at least. The zip is just the log folder for the save game.

Attachments

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @cyris69 ! By chance do you have volumetric fog enabled? It is broken (was only ever experimental) and produces a screen that looks much like your screenshot

cyris69

That was it :) Sweet baby jesus for a block styled game is it pretty! Runs worse than Ark ;) but still VERY impressive.

Now I know a lot here has been discussed about older GPU's not being compatible but from my now short time playing it seems to be 80% CPU 20% GPU. Is there anyway to utilize my 980ti more efficiently as its barely using any vram and even under uber settings has 20% usage while my CPU is nearly maxed on all 12 threads/6 cores. Odly enough get 30FPS no matter the prefab setting I use, I keep vsync off as usual and the FPS cap at 96 to match my monitor.

Care to share any tweaks I can make to maybe the shader or to increase performance? Also what module or mode should I use to get a more rounded experience being new to the game?

cyris69

After some setting changes it seems Player Bobbing KILLS FPS, Turning that and film grain off then setting Uber maxing out everything else I can run a stable 96-100 FPS woot!

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
After some setting changes it seems Player Bobbing KILLS FPS, Turning that and film grain off then setting Uber maxing out everything else I can run a stable 96-100 FPS woot!
There are a lot of mysterious, strange behaviors in the rendering engine and I'm not surprised of what you have found. It is an area of active development though and hopefully we will eventually get to the point were you'll be able to cook some eggs on that graphic card of yours. ;)

cyris69

Yeah, I can see some great potential once this gets up there with generated towns, or mobs (havent found any). I'd love to maybe see this be a cooked tekkit type sandbox with loads of automation and stuff similar to factorio but 3D :)

I'm still stuck on getting the Rift or Vive and this would be BEAUTIFUL to use in this game. I owned the DK2 for a decent while before selling it due to more useful places to put that money.

Josharias

Conjurer of Grimoires
Contributor
World
SpecOps
I tried the bobbing trick without any improvements :(

You could take Josharias Survival gameplay for a test drive. It has crafting, machines, and automation. Constructive criticism welcomed. :)