Resolved Black Window -> Nothing

Devan Zadkiel

So I shuffled through some forums and found that there were those who had similar issues to me. However, I'm not sure how to go about solving the problem. I am not that tech-savvy so I admit I have been having a few troubles trying to piece everything together so I would love some 'dumb-it-down' help. :}

My problem is [through the launcher] I'll go to start the game, it will load, the window will pop up black, hold for a few moments, then disappear and nothing will happen.

STATS:
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2930 @ 1.83GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

I don't get any messages or anything, it just doesn't work.

Help please?

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hey @Devan Zadkiel , welcome to the forum!

Under Windows you can find the game's log file under the
Saved Games folder, typically located at C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games. Uploading the log to a pastesite, e.g. paste.ubuntu.com, and sharing the link here will likely help us.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Thank you! It looks like a problem with your graphics card which seems to be an IntelHD device. We had some problems with it in the past, but you can try to update the drivers just to be sure...

Code:
17:31:06.354 [main] WARN o.t.rendering.opengl.GLSLShader - WARNING: 0:475: Only GLSL version > 110 allows postfix "F" or "f" for float
WARNING: 0:475: Only GLSL version > 110 allows postfix "F" or "f" for float

Line: Error prone line: ' finalColor.rgb += clamp(noise.xxx * grainIntensity, 0.0f, 1.0f);'

Florian

Contributor
Architecture
Please create a github issue with a exact graphic card & driver version name. We may be able to create a workaround for your graphic driver by removing the "f"s from the constants.

We explicitly state that glsl 1.20 should be used, so it's a bug in the graphic driver that it complains about something that got added in 1.20.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Marking this (most likely?) resolved / obsolete since we've made changes that seem related.

@Devan Zadkiel if you ever see this and get a chance to retest please do and let us know for sure :)