Build #235 - cubic blasphemy!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
So today I found a nice little surprise from Immortius over in his develop branch I couldn't resist grabbing immediately - SLOPES! That work, gasp. And collide right, even drop and bounce around right (so "poorly"). And even a marble sphere on top a slab that also collides right around the round top and the flat bottom.

Can our little cubic world survive such blasphemy? Will Gooey start crying till the poor thing shrivels up from lack of moisture? What do you think about the idea of introducing such abominations into our otherwise blocky world? Just imagine what could be next... columns? *shivver*

Built in #235 with some of the new blocks in the starting goodie chest - GitHub download link

Big thanks to Immortius ! :omg:

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
Just tested it out - nice work there :D
(and for a moment as I read this I thought my terrain idea got implemented :D)

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Thanks guys. :)

There is still a bit of work to go for slopes - Character movement on them is not complete at the moment. In particular the player sort of bounces down slopes which is a bit rough.

I've also noticed lighting for the non-cubic blocks is a bit off - the lighting system needs to take into account the sides of a block that are full or not, and propagate lighting through the non-full sides. I might leave that bit for the moment though.