Resolved Cannot select core gameplay module

Deuteros

Hi I just pulled the source from GitHub and managed to build it fine. But for some reason I cannot select the core gameplay module. See attached for log and screenshot.

I'd try and figure it out myself, but I thought it would be easier to just ask :). I've tried the release and it works fine there.

Cannot select module.png

Attachments

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Deuteros :)

Some things to try:
  1. Make sure you've executed "gradlew" one additional time after fetching modules. Such as "gradlew idea" then re-opening IntelliJ (if that's your IDE of choice)
  2. Try to force compile the modules - in IntelliJ that would be right click "CoreSampleGameplay" then "Compile" - sometimes the modules don't fully compile. Can also try a full project rebuild
  3. Make sure you have the very latest engine + modules then "gradlew idea" again just to make sure all is well. There were some versioning quirks while I was cleaning the stable release 51-53 mess that could result in oddities like that
Specifically in #3 there was one version of the CoreSampleGameplay's module.txt where I had entered updated version info in the wrong field, so it couldn't find an appropriate dependency. I would say that fits the symptoms - but I can't see your source so I cannot say for sure :)

If none of that helps just let us know and one of us can try to replicate the issue

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Aha, yeah I see the build in Jenkins broken now too. But huh the module config looks fine. Develop works for me from source too.

We need to fix that for sure. Maybe it is an issue with pulling a non-latest snapshot as a dependency somehow. Bit low on time right now but will try to check further within a day or two :)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
@Cervator, is this related to the way we use SemVer currently? I just scanned through the IRC convo from a few days ago and this looks somewhat similar...

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
This has been fixed for now - all modules in the lineup have had their versions tweaked.

The long-term fix is still pending, but this should be resolved presently :)