Team Ciao ragazzi! (Hello guys)

Trekmarvel

Contributor
Art
  • Name: Trekmarvel
  • Skills / Tools: I'm currently studying Drawing and Graphic Design. In past i learned a bit of Java (School level)
  • Found via: I typed on Google "Minecraft Open Source"
  • Interests: Design of creatures, objects etc. , translation and sound design.
  • Extra: Hi! I'm interested to translate the game in Italian during free time, but I am not familiar to Open Source projects. Where should I start?

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Trekmarvel good to see you in the forum!

To prepare:
  1. Register at GitHub if you do not already have an account
  2. Login at translate.terasology.org - you should be able to use the third party GitHub login with the account you just made there
  3. Browse around at our translation site - you should find places like this where we have missing translations for the Italian language, which looks to be present already
  4. Use the web UI to put in your translations
  5. Ask @Halamix2, @msteiger, or @Skaldarnar if you run into any problems. We sometimes have to "fix" a language if it isn't fully set up yet, which might be the case for Italian :)
Easiest way to get that sort of support is to join our IRC channel #terasology on Freenode, which you can access via webchat from the "Chat" link above here in the forum. Just join and ask, but keep in mind it may be a while before the right people are around and actively available :)

Then if you're curious to look at the code some more take a look at the DevSetup page on GitHub and see if you can get the game running from source!

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Ciao Trekmarvel, benvenuto!

I just (literally an hour ago) translated everything I could find through the link Cervator provided above, but it would be certainly a good thing if another pair of eyes goes through the list and makes corrections as necessary. Terasology itself is still a bit too much in flux to be translated, which is probably why it can't be found yet on that page and only the Launcher and CrashReporter are available for translation.

Good to know you are interested also in Creature/props design and sound design! I guess you might want to get in touch with the folks lurking the Art and Media section of this forum!

Again, benvenuto!

Trekmarvel

Contributor
Art
Ciao @manu3d, contento di vedere un altro italiano nel forum! ;)

I fixed a couple of errors, but for the rest the translation is perfect! And yes I would like take part in the project for future stuff.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hey @Trekmarvel :)

We once had a "Wallpaper Wednesday" where some wallpapers/artwork were shown via all the social media links. If your playing around with screenshots, different designs, drawings, ... you may just revive this tradition once again :D