Resolved Command Console Bug?

renzmarkus65

Hey Guys,
i have some Problems with my console.. I`m using Build270 and I cant spawn any Blocks buy their Names. The spawn buy number works.

Also Glass is missing, even in the "help blockList" Command...

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Good points. I did some work on the block system for that build, and the console commands have changed a little as a result. It should work using the uri of the block - i.e. giveItem "engine:stone" and giveItem "engine:glass", where the first part is the mod introducing the block or "engine" for built-in, and the second part is the name of the block itself. I could add support for using the name as well, although obviously if you have two "Stone" blocks from different mods you won't necessarily get the right one, while the uri is always unique.

Glass (and a lot of other blocks) don't appear in the list because blocks aren't registered fully until first used (in a given world) now, and the list only shows fully registered blocks. I will review this. Even then I probably won't show everything, because now you can request any block that doesn't specify a shape with any shape - "engine:dirt:engine:stair" for instance gives you a dirt stair block.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Maybe we should just update blockList with a little header bit explaining the shapes then just list all the materials plus the occasionally explicitly shaped block?

And engine could be default shortcut with a second stone being forced to preface with the mod name? :)

renzmarkus65

Well i used these commands, but still no reaction from my console... Just a syntax error.. :(

Then number of Glass would be nice. I tried giveBlock 100 and got Basalt. So i tried
every number between 1 and 120 but no glass in sight... :/

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
The number is only set when a block is registered fully (often on first use), and is non-deterministic (different for each world), so can't really be provided.

I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, just tried it in build 270 and it worked for me at least. The exact command is:

Code:
giveBlock "engine:glass"
or

Code:
giveItem "engine:glass"