communication

Skarath

it is not easer to develop the game if we know what begla wants it to be like
so should we use Skype or teamspeak or what other chat with voice program there is out there
to line up everything so we know what need to be done and when
this will also speed up development

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Nope - that's what the forum and wiki are for. Real-time communication (especially voice due to accents) is problematic when people are from all over the world in different timezones. And we don't really lack direction - we lack more people to help implement faster.

The core team has access to another forum and a bigger part of the wiki and there is a ton of planning notes in there, some hidden away as we want it to be a surprise, some for other reasons :D

As we implement something we'll publicize the relevant notes as it isn't a secret anymore. That, and like all open-source projects, we're guilty of likely skimping some on the documentation at first since it is more "exciting" to just dive right in. There's a ton of stuff to keep up with! :geek:

Best thing you can do to help speed up development is to learn more about the involved technologies we're using (IntelliJ, Java, Groovy, LWJGL, 2D graphics and texturing, AI, etc) then become a core contributor. It isn't as hard as you might think, there are a ton of tutorials on the web, and you'll learn valuable skills applicable elsewhere as well :)

I know the feeling of wanting to contribute to a game project right now rather than patiently spending weeks first learning something else that can be applied to the game - trust me, I've been there. But that's the greatest task you can perform right now, both for yourself, us, and any other projects you might like to help with!

When I get a chance (I just got back from nearly two weeks in New York) and can fit it in my limited time, I'll try to write up a tutorial reference page in the wiki :)