Resolved Compile Error

Nickruig

Hey,

When I want to compile the source I get an error and dont know how to fix it! Does somebody know how to fix this?

This is the Error:

#Nickruig

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Are you by chance using Java 8 to compile? I get the same error on my Linux machine with "javac 1.8.0_05", but everything works fine when using the old JDK 7. Already talked with Immortius about this on IRC. Is it possible for you to try it again with Java 7?

Nickruig

Are you by chance using Java 8 to compile? I get the same error on my Linux machine with "javac 1.8.0_05", but everything works fine when using the old JDK 7. Already talked with Immortius about this on IRC. Is it possible for you to try it again with Java 7?

Yes Im using Java 8! Im gonna try it with Java 7!

[EDIT]: Thx man it works!!

Nickruig

Now when I want to run my compiled version it gives a Lauch4j Error! How can I fix this

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Now when I want to run my compiled version it gives a Lauch4j Error! How can I fix this
Got some more details like a log statement? And what did you do to compile?

We don't actually re-run Launch4j or change the .exe etc. Those have remained the same for ages.

gradlew distApp distModules should create a working binary under facades/PC/build/dist/app or so - be sure you're running from there. Not going to work from under /facades/PC/launchScripts for instance

I guess this was a while ago but I am just now catching up with the forum :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Moved to support forum and marked as resolved as we should now support compiling with Java 8 :)