Resolved Compile error

egordorichev

Hello! I'm trying to set up Tresalogy in eclipse. I read this article. When I'm trying to compile the app, I am getting error:

When Im trying to compile app, I geting error:

codeLocation: /home/egor/.eclipse/engine/bin
installPath was null, running from IDE or headless server? Setting to: /home/egor
Uh oh, reached the root path, giving up
Failed to find the natives dir - unable to launch!
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find natives from likely IDE launch
at org.terasology.engine.paths.PathManager.<init>(PathManager.java:84)
at org.terasology.engine.paths.PathManager.getInstance(PathManager.java:121)
at org.terasology.engine.Terasology.handleLaunchArguments(Terasology.java:257)
at org.terasology.engine.Terasology.main(Terasology.java:117)​

Help me please! Thank you.

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @egordorichev - it sounds like you haven't fully set up the local workspace. After you do the git clone be sure to execute:

gradlew eclipse

That will prepare the codebase for use with Eclipse, including downloading lib jars and extracting the natives needed by LWJGL (which if missing will produce the error above). Then you can load up in Eclipse and continue :)

Note that our support for Eclipse isn't as seamless as the setup with IntelliJ - there you get a bunch of run configs to execute the game in various subtle varieties. Some of our Eclipse users might be able to guide you further if needed (I use IntelliJ personally)

If you have done the "gradlew eclipse" step and it still fails, try to run "gradlew extractNatives"

Some tasks like "gradlew clean" will delete the natives, at which point you'll need to re-extract them with the task mentioned above (or any task that depends on it like the idea or eclipse tasks)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah one of the Eclipse users will have to help there, like @msteiger :)

If nothing else you can always just execute the game via "gradlew run" (or try out IntelliJ)

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Hi @egordorichev and welcome!

You need to run the project "PC" that should be in your workspace. It has a class Terasology, which you can run directly. Does that help?